Manitoba Peregrines > West Winnipeg Peregrines

West Winnipeg - 2009 / Ivy & Jules

<< < (51/107) > >>

birdcamfan:
Great work all!

carly:
So glad you were able to them out Tracy and sorry about the lost egg, I hope they have a successful hatch this year.  At least now they may have a better chance and you will be able to monitor them whenever you want without disturbing them.  

You guys are great  ;D

allikat:
Awe...poor things.

Let's all hope that this one egg Jules and Ivy have hatch!  If not...they have a nest tray for next year.  Baby steps...and it's an invite for them to nest next year!  Positive thinking here folks!

The Peregrine Chick:
Dennis got some wonderful photos folks don't let him fool you.  And while Dennis was snapping pics, Larry and I were busy installing a nest-tray under the eggs and a camera so that we can check on the eggs/nest-tray without having to access the site every other day - access isn't convenient and we don't want to scare the birds off the nest any more often than we need/needed to. 

Anywho, Jules watched us for a little while when we arrived but didn't hop off her eggs to berate us until we actually started to install the camera and the nest-tray  I did the box, Larry handled the technology.  Jules took to the new tray after checking it out very (very) thoroughly.  We also installed a little shield to provide her with a bit more privacy which might help her to not leap off the eggs whenever she gets spooked.  We hope this will help her as a first-time mother in a less than ideal peregrine nest site.  She got back on her eggs eventually (or it just seemed like eventually) and settled down to incubating. 

She's pretty protected from the wind - certainly from the north and east, so that's a help.  They are now down to one egg, we found the third egg on the other end of the nest-site ledge with a concave break on one side.  Can't tell how long its been "out" but its definitely gone.

Dennis and I have some photos on our cameras, not sure when I will get the first of the cam images, but will post them all when I can.

photosbydennis:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on May 17, 2009, 19:57 ---We are going to take a run past the West Winnipeg site tomorrow Dennis and I - hopefully that will more photos and tales to tell ....

--- End quote ---

I'm sure TPC will be posting soon...did show her a couple of photos that I captured. Perhaps it was the wind or the sounds of motors running...think she said "is that the best you got"  ;) :P
Cheers !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version