Manitoba Peregrines > West Winnipeg Peregrines

West Winnipeg - 2009 / Ivy & Jules

<< < (41/107) > >>

maggieblue:
Just wondering, when you say that the eggs were lost, does this mean that they disappeared altogether?

carly:
Oh so sorry to hear that Tracy.  I hope they stay together and stick around the area as well.  Too late for a reclutch attempt?

maggieblue:
Very sad for them  :(  I hope that they stay together too.  Perhaps after their experiences this year they will choose a better location, preferably one of those deluxe nest boxes. 

The Peregrine Chick:
Sad news, we lost the two remaining eggs at the West Winnipeg site.  Not sure what might have happened, we hope that perhaps the digital recorder we had on the camera monitoring the nest might be able to provide us with some information but if it happened at night, I'm afraid we just won't know.

Jules and Ivy are a young pair (we'll we know he is) but they are new together so hopefully having tried, even unsuccessfully this year, they will be more inclined to try it again with each other next year.  Its not unusual for unsuccessful pairs to split and try their luck elsewhere with other mates - that's what might have happened between Ivy and Lucy, despite their being siblings.  So we will just have to hope that Jules and Ivy stick long enough to be successful, they seem like a good fit as a pair - except for their nest site choices of course.

More on what's next in West Winnipeg later today ...

photosbydennis:
A few more photos added to the West-End Winnipeg Peregrine gallery.
http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/west_wpg2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version