Author Topic: Red//Blue "who's online" ?  (Read 46686 times)

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
Re: Red//Blue "who's online" ?
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2008, 17:27 »
Hey, that's a good point, bcbird! My sister became a member today and I'll give her a call and ask her to log on and also ask what her member name is and then I'll check that point about 'eggs' being red.  Will get back to you once I've 'sleuthed' for a mo.

Just a quick revisit of the red/blue issue!  I got my sister to log on under her new membership and sure enough, she's the only red member out of all the rest of us who are on frequently and are blue.  So, I agree with Liz and others who think eggs and TPC are red....

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2008, 02:05 »
That was a "copy and paste" from me, not a real quote.   Def my mistake. 

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2008, 02:01 »
Maybe, but I actually made sure [/quote] was at the bottom and I just scrolled down and found the 'quote in place, just after you smiley face!  And that is where the quote was supposed to end and be purple-ized to.  Weird that it didn't work, even though the [/quote] is definately there... ???   

Usually it works for me, and sometimes it doesn't!

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2008, 01:39 »
I guess we both made that bottom quote mistake! 

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2008, 01:37 »
[/quote
For Bcbird, regarding deleting parts of the quote that you don't want to include, just make sure that the
is still at the top and at the end of the quote, otherwise the purple won't happen.  Good luck with it and have fun!

And at the bottom, too!  That's where I lost it. 

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2008, 01:34 »
LOL even more! It's happened to me, too, Liz --half my quote is in purple, half of it isn't!  ???  So much for explaining and demonstrating how to so something with any amount of success!   

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2008, 01:31 »
[/quote
To quote, all you have to do is  press 'quote' on the top right hand of the person's post that you want to quote from, then immediately a posting box opens up for you to write in. It doesn't matter if the post you want to quote is several lower than the most recent post, just click quote on it and your post with the quote will appear as the most recent post once your finished.

And, you can edit to get rid of whatever parts aren't relevant to what you're saying.  Just quote and then go into the quote to delete the parts you don't need. 

Enraptured, I'm glad you felt so included too.  Didn't realize you were new at posting at that time!  And glad to have you in our circle.   :)
[/quote]

Thanks, Liz! I was fairly new, but hadn't felt connected yet, really, until that worrisome night, but connecting with you and Deedream really was wonderful -- especially I think because when I put out the original question for help to see if we could help the mum or alert someone or something, I didn't expect to have the response that occurred from you and Deedream. It was amazing and I can't tell you how much a relief it was to be sharing and it really touched me that we'd all shared, supported, worried, etc, together and cared about supporting each other much like we were worrying about and sharing our concerns for the Peregrine mum.
Liz, I had to chuckle when I saw your quote that didn't work! It happens to all of us, that's for sure!

For Bcbird, regarding deleting parts of the quote that you don't want to include, just make sure that the [/quote] is still at the top and at the end of the quote, otherwise the purple won't happen.  Good luck with it and have fun!

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2008, 01:15 »
I have to read this all again,,, bcbird your are so sweet. and thanks for reminding me .....  I am going over to Peregrine Room,, been yakkiing there awhile, should have checked back! lol

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2008, 00:57 »
LOL -- and I sucked at the quoting there! 

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2008, 00:56 »
[/quote
To quote, all you have to do is  press 'quote' on the top right hand of the person's post that you want to quote from, then immediately a posting box opens up for you to write in. It doesn't matter if the post you want to quote is several lower than the most recent post, just click quote on it and your post with the quote will appear as the most recent post once your finished.
[/quote]
And, you can edit to get rid of whatever parts aren't relevant to what you're saying.  Just quote and then go into the quote to delete the parts you don't need. 

Enraptured, I'm glad you felt so included too.  Didn't realize you were new at posting at that time!  And glad to have you in our circle.   :)

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2008, 00:49 »
(Sorry, haven't figured out quotes yet.)

I have come to treasure time spent on this forum.  It was scary signing up and posting at first. 
One thread that really touched me involved Liz, Deedream and Enraptured, as you shared agony over the distress of a mother apparently unable to open her beak.  It seemed late at night, when horrible fears are much worse unshared.  You three really cared for each other through your posts.  You were friends.  The forum seemed a safe place to share concerns, ask questions and make new friends. 

Bcbird, the way you described that experience between Liz, Deedream, and I really captured how it felt and the amazing thing was that it was our first real involvement with each other, but it certainly created a bond that I still feel. I'd only joined the forum a couple of days before, so I also experienced a safe, supportive place where no question or concern is silly and making new friends has been a lovely benefit.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2008, 00:29 »
Thanks, and thanks for your part in making me feel welcome, Liz.

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2008, 00:05 »
Hey bcbird -- it does make a huge difference, doesn't it!  It was in the Elk River site, when we saw the mum with something stuck on her face all night.  It was definitely a night of sharing stress and nothing we could do about it!  And we stayed up too late worrying about it.  You're right -- we have found friends here.  People who are of the same frame of mind.  I hope you felt accepted as soon as you started posting, all fears aside!  I sure appreciate your input. 

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2008, 23:56 »
"maintain a connection with our new found fellow bird lover friends." from Deedream

(Sorry, haven't figured out quotes yet.)

I have come to treasure time spent on this forum.  It was scary signing up and posting at first. 
One thread that really touched me involved Liz, Deedream and Enraptured, as you shared agony over the distress of a mother apparently unable to open her beak.  It seemed late at night, when horrible fears are much worse unshared.  You three really cared for each other through your posts.  You were friends.  The forum seemed a safe place to share concerns, ask questions and make new friends. 
So, yeah, if there aren't the chicks to watch and talk about, there are non bird related questions, the weather and... to keep in touch.   

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2008, 23:47 »
k  I 'll meet ya there.!!!!!!!!!!!