Author Topic: Red//Blue "who's online" ?  (Read 46647 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Red//Blue "who's online" ?
« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2009, 21:39 »
What?! Never???!!! (LOL)  :o

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2009, 21:36 »
pchemist, speak for your self, I am never out of line ::)

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2009, 21:30 »
I don't think you need any other permissions, Kinderchick.  TPC will allow you to post wherever she thinks appropriate -which likely will mean places the rest of us rowdies shouldn't go...  :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2009, 21:15 »
Ah ha! The mystery of the big star has been solved!  ;D Thanks, TPC! But I only noticed the word "classroom" under my name a few minutes ago. Has it been there all along? ??? Also, as for posting on the "Questions for younger fans" board, several of our "friends"  :) :) :) posted there, as well, last week and then you removed those posts and shovelled them to another board. So am I correct in my understanding that this is something new you have set up recently? ??? And although I have a designation of "classroom" under my name, I'm assuming that I can still post as a private citizen on any of the other boards, as I have been doing. Or do you think that I should be registered under a different name to do this?  ???

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2009, 20:49 »
Yahooo,kinderchick, ya'll have your own special designation  ;D ;D. Only fitting as you deal with the chicklets that will be our leaders in the future.
You're doing a great job, keep it up, and if ya need a hand, you know where I am.   bccs
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 20:51 by bccs »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2009, 20:34 »
Kinderchick - look under your name, it says Classroom, that means you are in the Classroom membergroup which means you have kids attached to you as a teacher.  This gives you access to the Classroom section of the Forum to read/post.  Everyone else can read but they can't post there - its the younger viewer area of the Forum.  The blue star goes along with the Classroom designation.  If you check under other members' names, you will see Phanatic, those are folks that have been online since last year - they have two stars.  Also under everyone's name is a classification (egg, hatchling, etc) which is related to the number of comments they have posted on the Forum.  The username colours at the bottom are related to usergroups - red are newer members, green are the phanatics.  I'm red forever it seems, I'd like to be another colour but ...  :-\

Help any?

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2009, 18:25 »
Well bcbird and Pchemist, now that you metion it, I have noticed a blue star beside my name, but I wasn't sure what that meant. I was really hoping that it did NOT mean that I was going to be put on a short leash or be shovelled or that TPC was going to have to threaten me with "Heidi"! At any rate, I have absolutely NO idea what it means. I have, however, noticed that my name was red when I was an Egg and now that I am a Hatchling, it's blue!

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2009, 00:32 »
gotta agree, bcbird.  I was thinking earlier as I read the q&a in their personal section of the forum that I wished I'd had a kindergarten teacher like Kinderchick!  kudos! 

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2009, 00:27 »
Kinderchick, have you noticed the very cool blue star that you have under your name when you post?  You have the only blue star on this forum, which means, as we all know, that Kindergarten Teachers are very special!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #213 on: June 02, 2009, 20:22 »
Sorry..I'm a little late, Congrats Vortimaxx!!! 

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2009, 20:44 »
Congrats! 

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2009, 23:46 »
Congratulations, Vortimaxx, blue, and now a hatchling.

Vortimaxx

« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2009, 21:26 »
Cool! I'm now BLUE

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2009, 19:55 »
AAcchkkk!  (does that sound like a falcon coughing up a feather-ball?) 
Yes. eggs are red.  And maybe T is red because it's her sandbox.  Maybe they should change her to purple, so we know she's the queen of the sandbox!   ;D ;D ;D
Maybe TPC's red because she's all-seeing, all-access privileges, etc. on this site and so when she started she was red and it never changed once she became a hatchling, chick, etc because she is privileged with the all-access pass and so "the site makers that be" always want her to stand out regardless of number of posts, seeing as the we, the more 'common folk' post, we all turn blue and thus get lost in the mix a little more. And of course, in any 'community' we always want to know who's in charge or 'special' and who's 'new' so we can be aware/observant, so to speak (pretending we're from a small kingdom/village of a past age!)...

rotflm_ao!!!!  I forgot all about this!  Thanks, bcbird.  ;D

(so, I KNOW my comment is outside the end quote  ;D)

From the Peregrine Chick - just not enough end quotes ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 00:12 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2009, 19:49 »
it's not easy being green.   ;D ;D ;D
LMAO!  No, it ain't!