Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 129747 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / July
« Reply #512 on: July 14, 2010, 12:29 »
RCF here on Rose's computer
 :'( Very sad news.....I was on the street this morning around 8:30, could see female chick only, so I went looking for the male chick.  I found him at 10:00 at the intersection of 10th Street and Pacific Ave,  he had been run over.
  :'( :'( :'(  I took his body to the conservation office.  I will PM Tracy and let her know because I know she is away.

I'm so very sorry to hear this news  :'( :'(  Thank you for watching out for them and for picking the little guy up and taking care of him.

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #511 on: July 14, 2010, 12:25 »
RCF here on Rose's computer
 :'( Very sad news.....I was on the street this morning around 8:30, could see female chick only, so I went looking for the male chick.  I found him at 10:00 at the intersection of 10th Street and Pacific Ave,  he had been run over.
  :'( :'( :'(  I took his body to the conservation office.  I will PM Tracy and let her know because I know she is away.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #510 on: July 14, 2010, 08:15 »
Good luck on our fledge. I will check in when I can to see how it is going. Thanks for reports

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #509 on: July 14, 2010, 00:46 »
rcf and Rose, it is so good that you are both there in Brandon, making regular checks on the chicks. Thank you! :D

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #508 on: July 13, 2010, 19:09 »
Just checked on the family,Hurricane on tower light and Brooklyn on northeast roof, couldn't see any chicks in nest box,looked all over then one of the adults yelled and the male rose up from the top of the nest box what a relief ::)  he must have been lying almost flat and blended in with the box.The female I'm sure was lying in the nest box. Had to come home weather hasn't been very nice started about 3;30am ( thunder storms have been going all around us all day)and more storms predicted for this area.So far we have been lucky just rain.

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #507 on: July 13, 2010, 09:32 »
Day 39: both chicks sitting on perch bar, male at the end, female in the middle,no sign of either parent. Couldn't see any fluff on the male and a lot less since yesterday on the female,not much activity from either one.Then Hurricane flew in with food,female chick grabbed it and went into the box. The male chick wasn't interested and continued to sit in the sun. Hurricane flew up on the tower pole and then I saw Brooklyn, he was sitting almost at the top of the tower behind the tallest mast if he hadn't moved I wouldn't have seen him,I guess he had been there all the time,sneaky little devil ;D Seemed like no one was anxious to go any place so I came home.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #506 on: July 13, 2010, 09:29 »
Thanks for all of your wonderful photos, rcf and thanks for your reports, Rose! :D

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #505 on: July 12, 2010, 18:42 »
Just got back from downtown,thougt I'd better check on them again today since the male was so daring this morning. both chicks are still in the box,male chick was busy with supper, tearing right into it from what I could see. The female was just sitting at the front of the box surveying the world. Hurricane was on south light,I think Brooklyn was hidding on the tower.When I left both chicks were sitting on the edge of the nest box,hope they stay there, supposed to be storms tonight.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #504 on: July 12, 2010, 11:09 »
Great report and pictures,

We started our fledge watch yesterday ,although they are not ready. The male is developing very slowly.

Ours were banded on the same day.

Nice you were able to visit with Kinderchick

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #503 on: July 12, 2010, 10:58 »
Thanks for the report.  Never a dull moment with peregrines!

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #502 on: July 12, 2010, 09:16 »
thought I'd better check downtown earlier than usual,Hurricane in her usual spot,Brooklyn flew in to tower as I arrived,female chick lying down in nest box could just see the back of her. The male chick was standing on the edge of the nest box looking longingly at the world.Then he walked over to the perch pole and strolled to the end and proceeded to wingercise vigorously,still droops his wings.Then he flapped again and flew up to roof of nest box from the end of perch pole(made it look easy) :) I'd be thinking he is very close to fledging 8) ;D ;D 8)

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #501 on: July 11, 2010, 22:35 »
Thanks, RCF, great photos - it is wonderful to have seen the place in person, and I appreciate all of your updates (and Rose's)!

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #500 on: July 11, 2010, 21:00 »
Thanks so much for the great photos and descriptions of the falcon goings-on.  Really appreciated.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #499 on: July 11, 2010, 20:32 »
Well, we certainly hope you continue to have good luck!   ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #498 on: July 11, 2010, 18:24 »
Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing!
Excellent shots rcf!

Thank you Ladies,  I'm still trying to figure out the camera, so good pictures are mostly luck. ::) :D