Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 129741 times)

Offline AnimalLover

• Past Member
  • Hatchling
McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / July
« Reply #527 on: July 14, 2010, 17:46 »
It is very sad news and I agree carly it was a good thing that you were there to pick the chic up rcf.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 17:49 by AnimalLover »

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #526 on: July 14, 2010, 17:33 »
Oh, such sad news.
Thank you RCF for letting us know and thank you (and all the phanatics) simply for caring. There is some solace in knowing that you all do care. Makes the world a livable place.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #525 on: July 14, 2010, 17:22 »
Thank you everyone for all the kind words.  :-*   
Not enough kind words in the world to ease the pain RCF. Just know that we are all thinking of you and Rose and are with you both in this tragic time. :-* :'(

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2010, 17:13 »
Thank you everyone for all the kind words.  :-*   

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2010, 16:25 »
So sorry to hear the news.  Thanks for what you were able to do in watching and in finding him.  Take care.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 21:41 by des »

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #522 on: July 14, 2010, 16:07 »
That is so sad!  Which is one reason I no longer have a pet.  Such an attachment even if only for a few weeks as in the case here.  The bright spot here is the female still getting ready to fly.  Hang in there!

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2010, 15:18 »
Such sad news.  :'( 

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #520 on: July 14, 2010, 14:55 »
I just want to say that sometimes I find it difficult to say in words how I really feel.  I found it very upsetting and heartbreaking to find him that way. :'(  I know these things happen all the time in nature, but I guess I have become somewhat attached to these beautiful birds.

I can only imagine, it's my worst nightmare yet I know I will have to deal with it eventually.  When I found the hawk on the road last week, even though it wasn't one of our boys - it still broke my heart to see the hawk that way. 

The one silver lining here RCF is that you were able to take it off the road.  Try to hold on to that thought, at least he can now be laid to rest with some dignity instead of laying on the road as cars continued to go over him.  I know it's a small thing but I"d like to think it might make a difference especially to the parents if they could see the little guy and to his sister.  You did a good thing RCF..even though it may not feel so good at the moment.
Nicely stated carly.

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #519 on: July 14, 2010, 14:53 »
What sad news, RCF -- I'm so sorry to hear that one of the Brandon chicks has been lost.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #518 on: July 14, 2010, 14:46 »
I just want to say that sometimes I find it difficult to say in words how I really feel.  I found it very upsetting and heartbreaking to find him that way. :'(  I know these things happen all the time in nature, but I guess I have become somewhat attached to these beautiful birds.

I can only imagine, it's my worst nightmare yet I know I will have to deal with it eventually.  When I found the hawk on the road last week, even though it wasn't one of our boys - it still broke my heart to see the hawk that way. 

The one silver lining here RCF is that you were able to take it off the road.  Try to hold on to that thought, at least he can now be laid to rest with some dignity instead of laying on the road as cars continued to go over him.  I know it's a small thing but I"d like to think it might make a difference especially to the parents if they could see the little guy and to his sister.  You did a good thing RCF..even though it may not feel so good at the moment.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #517 on: July 14, 2010, 14:31 »
I am so very sorry RCF. My heart aches for you, and for Rose.  :'( :'(

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #516 on: July 14, 2010, 14:17 »

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #515 on: July 14, 2010, 13:52 »
Oh, RCF, that must have been difficult to see.  To hold a chick that went down and died is not what you would have hoped for.  Very sad.

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #514 on: July 14, 2010, 13:21 »
very sad,  frightning.... that could easily have been our little Isis

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2010, 12:38 »
Oh, that is such sad news :'(