Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines
Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess
allikat:
Wow..Dennis. I think I've run out of words for you.
You just amaze me with your photos. All I know is, if I have an event, or I know someone who has an event, and wants to hire a talented photographer, I'm callin' on you. (assuming you are for hire)
Thank you Dennis. You provide photos that are so amazing, it feels like we are right there every time.
photosbydennis:
And yes, more photos have been posted.
http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/wpg_banding_2009
des:
--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on July 01, 2009, 21:44 ---
--- Quote from: des on July 01, 2009, 21:38 ---My original observation/question...Perhaps this all happens in South America in out winter and those birds fly north - seems likely - our wintering birds fly south to replace the South American ones that have flown north to warmer climes for their winter.
--- End quote ---
Nope, the South American birds don't fly up here for the "winter", they stay where they are. Its just our birds (snowbirds) that invade their territory for 1/2 the year. Big strain on the environment, stressful on the birds (fortunately no one has territories or chicks to protect) and they just hang out until they prey species who are also down there start to make their way north again .... and we get to go through this all over again :D
--- End quote ---
Thank you. I was working on the idea of their "north" and our birds "south" and was thinking of them just missing each other as they go to and from the central area. This gives a whole new perspective to checking birds when you travel.
des:
Great to see them together in their chickpile. The girl seems to be checking around for another food delivery.
The Peregrine Chick:
--- Quote from: des on July 01, 2009, 21:38 ---My original observation/question...Perhaps this all happens in South America in out winter and those birds fly north - seems likely - our wintering birds fly south to replace the South American ones that have flown north to warmer climes for their winter.
--- End quote ---
Nope, the South American birds don't fly up here for the "winter", they stay where they are. Its just our birds (snowbirds) that invade their territory for 1/2 the year. Big strain on the environment, stressful on the birds (fortunately no one has territories or chicks to protect) and they just hang out until they prey species who are also down there start to make their way north again .... and we get to go through this all over again :D
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version