Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2009 / Trey & Princess

<< < (721/1988) > >>

Kinderchick:
What a wonderful close up of a cozy little chickpile, just before I head off to bed! Thanks, TPC! :-*

Gale:
That's a beautiful cuddle of chicks by the wall - almost like they know theyll soon be going separate ways :'(. Thanks for the close-up.

des:

--- Quote from: Saoirse on July 01, 2009, 21:29 ---Yeah, seems like a long time to wait for next year's peregrine season. This is the first time that I've watched them on a regular basis, and it's been amazing to see the progress from fluffy hatchlings to these near-adults that are so close to fledging. I had no idea the process would be so quick, often with noticeable changes from day to day.

--- End quote ---
I agree - I am anticipating empty nest syndrome (what great phrases we have relating to birds and nests-flying the coop, feathering our nests, eggs all in one basket, counting your chickens before... must be lots more...)
My original observation/question...Perhaps this all happens in South America in out winter and those birds fly north - seems likely - our wintering birds fly south to replace the South American ones that have flown north to warmer climes for their winter.

des:

--- Quote from: bccs on July 01, 2009, 20:42 ---
--- Quote from: des on July 01, 2009, 20:39 ---My family was from the Maritimes and at least there it was thought of as lucky if bird droppings fell on you.  Never questioned it at the time!  or maybe it was just what Mom and Nana told me???

--- End quote ---
Love that des, made me lol. Have ya a wee bit of the Irish in ya now??

--- End quote ---
Mostly Scottish, I think - so many generations and so many families came to Nova Scotia from there - or perhaps you were thinking whiskey??
Anyway perhaps it's true.  TPC should know with all her birding experience. Probably wrong page for such musings.

Saoirse:
Yeah, seems like a long time to wait for next year's peregrine season. This is the first time that I've watched them on a regular basis, and it's been amazing to see the progress from fluffy hatchlings to these near-adults that are so close to fledging. I had no idea the process would be so quick, often with noticeable changes from day to day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version