Manitoba Peregrines > Radisson Peregrines

Radisson - 2010 / Ivy & Princess

<< < (487/999) > >>

allikat:
Very perceptive Eye-spy.....

The proximitity to water and their availability to prey is correct and accurate. 
Technically they are outside the audible range but visually, I'm afraid not.   
However, all in all, the falcons know their own territories.
Tracy will confirm and correct any information posted.

Eye-spy:
I recall having this conversation with Tracy, and I seem to remember it having to do with proximity to water bodies (river, lake), availability of prey, and being outside the others visual and audible range.  I know she will be here with the right answer soon, but that's what I remember.

allikat:
Both pairs of falcons, ie: the Radisson pair and the West Winnipeg pair, are very aware of their territories.  I cannot tell you where the territory begins and ends as I do not know them, only the falcons do. 
They, the falcons, will keep within their territories. 
Trust me, Ivy & Princess knows where their territory begins and ends as does the West Winnipeg pair, Beau and Jules.

susha:
Thanks Allikat  :)- and do we know where Princess and Ivy's terrritory begins and ends?  And how does that work when Ivy used to be in the West Wpg. territory before he dumped Jules ??? :o ???

allikat:

--- Quote from: susha on June 12, 2010, 21:55 ---I am wondering though......will there be any birds left for the West Winnipeg pair?   ;D

--- End quote ---

Which brings me to a question I was wondering about - how far away from the nest do the parents go to find their prey?
[/quote]

Great question susha .....we're all here to help!   ;D
It's actually not a question of how far the parents go, it's a matter of where their territory begins and ends.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version