Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 81704 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Edmonton - Weber Building - 2013 / ? & Miss Edmonton
« Reply #363 on: June 02, 2013, 10:01 »
Hey Bev,

Have you managed to ID Miss Edmonton's band number?  I was checking out your photo gallery and you have a pretty good photo of that band number, there should only be a few bands in the records that come close to looking like the band I saw - that particular sequence was only used for a few years (Trey was one of them) and although I daresay you will have had more of them used out there than here, but still, with those shapes, you only have a few options ...

If this is old news, sorry!
TPC

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #362 on: June 02, 2013, 00:50 »
Great photos, bev  :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #361 on: June 02, 2013, 00:47 »
we still can not fully Id male . He is gorgeous adn although  we do not know how many eggs they are doing great exchanges and hatch is close to U of A by out calculations of when full incubation was. maybe a bit longer

male is first , all flying ones are male . click on picture and then follow arrow to left to see more

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #360 on: April 26, 2013, 17:05 »
Wonderful news that Miss Edmonton was spotted on Earth Day and now a male spotted today! :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #359 on: April 26, 2013, 01:22 »
male is here and I believe  a different one with band. It would not cooperate so I could not read.LOL Only saw silver on right leg

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Alberta / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2013 / ? & Miss Edmonton
« Reply #358 on: April 22, 2013, 00:39 »
2013 NESTING SEASON

Noticed nothing  set up for Weber yet but Miss Edmonton home yesterday about 3pm . do not have numbers o f band but black band on right leg and it is her. blowing snow  prevented us from getting more

no male

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Edmonton - Weber Building - 2012 / Weber & Ms Edmonton
« Reply #357 on: October 13, 2012, 11:45 »
will do some photos in a bit. Have been away  and when we got back Oct 3rd no sign of Miss E and her mate. bin 104 say they had no sightings since Sept 30th but that does not mean they were not there. So I will say migrated sometime between Sept 30th and Oct 3rd. We checked several times after we got home. Early for Miss E to migrate but...

I did see her and mate before I left Sept 19th. I always bid adieu.

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2012, 13:17 »
Yes bev, please continue your postings.  I do not comment often, but I always read new posts and I am always interested in what is going on at your sites.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2012, 12:53 »
Definitely interest in your postings, bev. I seldom respond because of time - barely have enough to read everything, but do read, check out the slide shows and very much like to hear what's going on in your many sites. Please don't feel nobody's paying any attention.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #354 on: September 13, 2012, 10:37 »
I will post some photos of young falocn Gordon took to our fundraiser here and some of our youngster. He left around August 24th.

but since there does not seem to be an interest in my posting here, I will have to reevaluate

Yes, bev, I think there is an interest in your posting here on this thread. I always read your posts and I know of others who do too. Just don't always have time to comment. Please keep posting, if & when you have time. I know you are very busy, monitoring so many nestsites. Still, all very interesting to read about. :-*

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2012, 10:32 »
I will post some photos of young falocn Gordon took to our fundraiser here and some of our youngster. He left around August 24th.

but since there does not seem to be an interest in my posting here, I will have to reevaluate

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #352 on: July 20, 2012, 13:13 »
July 19

Peter and I went to Weber. Still have one here to watch. He is doing great. Been flying now since July 11 th when he accidentally fledged. I f yo remember Peter and Gord coaxed him to fly out back of  parkade and he ended up on telephone pole and with 2 devoted adults , he is doing great. has done a few fly's for food.

Last nihgt we saw the male adult bring in prey and then Miss Edmonton went in nd cleaned it up some. I think she lert some thre for little guy and then flew with rest to her letter W and cleaned it some more and then flew up to satellite dish. Little one looked like he had a bit of leftovers and then catwalked a bit and then disappeared on roof. Probably eating,

I willl post a few shots and then slide show.

slideshow - http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x135/fullbrandt/2012%20falcons/?action=view&current=461fe557.pbw

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #351 on: July 20, 2012, 13:10 »
July 17

As of yesterday this guy was doing well. chasing after food also.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #350 on: July 20, 2012, 13:07 »
July 12

Peter received a call from Chris at bin 104, and our juvenile there has made back to roof top and was flapping. :ohyes: :ohyes:

another storm rolling in

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #349 on: July 20, 2012, 13:05 »
July 11

Well my heart stopped when Peter phoned me to have the box ready for WEber. When it was reported female down I thought territorial fight. but it was the little  one as Peter mentioned.

so I ventured down there tonight after Clinical Science. we had already phoned Bin 104 , and asked if they could take a peek. there was a big accident there and we could not get there right away. they said our youngster was then on 3rd ledge up on building. so he flew from telephone post to the ledge. this is a good building becasue they have lots of ledges.

When I got there he had catwalked around to east side and we would prefer he go back to north side , away frown traffic. he complied.. I am constantly amazed by these raptors. The adult male came flying onto to ledge beside youngster and then buzzed him to make him fly. Out he went north and then turned around , with me shouting, up , up, and he made it to the 5th floor. :-* :-*  You can tell he is not quite ready yet ,as he was powering out. He is only 38 days old. The adult male flew under him and then beside him all the way to the ledge. A bit later he buzzed him again but the youngster was not going this time.

I stayed 2.5 hours and would liked to have stayed longer but my pooches needed fed and shrubs watered and I have another along day tomorrow.

so left the youngster 5 stories up from top of parkade and the adult male 2 stories above him.

We will check tomorrow and the people at Bin 104 will check also.  ;D