Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 81705 times)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Wow!!  Five eggs!!    Happy to see the cam up and running.  Thanks for posting the link bev !  ;D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
cam went live today and we have 5 eggs

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2262154/events/2908756

missE

D01 out , Miss E in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22_zT5Iy1Vs

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
we are hoping to have cam on MOnday. cam is there but having trouble getting server to do their thing. Has been very frudtrating

Fingers crossed bev!!  :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
we are hoping to have cam on MOnday. cam is there but having trouble getting server to do their thing. Has been very frudtrating

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
2014 NESTING SEASON

We have Miss Edmonton back M07 . there was another female here at beginning of season and we were trying to Id her.( she got to site on april5) We could never get her band number. then we went down an noticed something different. But I did not recognize Miss E at first.

I am sure she had to run other female off as there had been copulating between the other female and male. we did not see it but Miss E was back by at least april19

Male= same as last year. D01- 2010 Agrium Redwater Fertilizer plant( along with 3 other siblings)

For some reason the server has not connected cam yet but it is there

So we have been going back an d forth

On Wed may7, no or little incubation

but today May11 we were there for 3 hours an d full incubation - does nto mean clutch is full yet. hopefully cam is up soon

Miss E                                                                                             

male 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 22:50 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Edmonton - Weber Building - 2013 / ? & Miss Edmonton
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2013, 15:47 »
We had to do a rescue at the hotel as someone went on roof of  "Weber and girls were not ready to fledge, almost but not quite(idiots). So we had to get one of girls , that was real low and would have perished. luckily there were people in room , that knew about falcons , and did not disturb her. They saw our posters and phoned us. Unfortunately, they did not see poster til a day later ,so youngster had been there for over a day.

she was beautiful and unhurt , just not ready. We took her home, per Gords instructions and he picked her up next day an d took her to his place. she should  be flying free now at hack site on Pembina

the other female is flying strong and good. a bit over a week now. Miss Edmonton and new male( who we have Id ) , will send to you Tracy, are great parents. they could have fed 6 or more.

Miss Edmonton had 5 chicks. one perished in bad storm we had. It wandered out o f box. There were 2 males and 2 females left. We did not feel this sight could handle 4 youngsters so Gord took two males for hacking and left 2 females.

but the  idiots just do not get it. It is a long story but let us just say , Peter rectified it.

here are some picutres in my gallery. I tired to go back and relabel but.. Pb dos not cooperate. We will be looking for a new picture site.
click on picture and then go to left. when you come to pciutres of U of A buildings, just keep going and then more pictures or stop at building picutres and click on second picture below and follow arrows to left Now is it clear as mud ::) ::) ::)

Go to building pictures                                       start here for more photos

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #372 on: July 13, 2013, 10:22 »
another set of 4

first is one flying object at  WEber

clikc on picture and you can see a few of male

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #371 on: July 13, 2013, 10:13 »
another series

click on picture and scroll to Right there are more
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:16 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #370 on: July 13, 2013, 10:10 »
We jsut are not sure  about male . I have a suspicion form the ID I am  getting that it is young one hatched form Weber. Gord is checking his bands again. I have to find mine from that year. He thinks he mixed two sites up

I f yo click on picture an d scroll to right there are more

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:15 by bev. »

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #369 on: July 11, 2013, 15:37 »
Way to go, Miss E!  Congratulations!
That will become a very full nest. 

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #368 on: July 11, 2013, 08:35 »
Wow is right!  Miss Edmonton and her mate are going to be very busy keeping up. :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 15:40 by MayShowers »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #367 on: July 10, 2013, 23:57 »
Wow! 5 chicks! Miss E is going to have her hands, or should I say wings full! ;) Any news on the ID of the male, bev?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 23:59 by Kinderchick »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #366 on: July 10, 2013, 22:35 »
we had a hatch on June 21 so we knew at least one chick. I have been monitoring with Peter constantly hereto make sure all is well, with heat and severe storms

Gord had to make thsi site secure as People kept going on roo f in other years when they should not and so it disrupted her egg laying and brooding.
so it was so secure Gord could not get up to see how many chicks.
He finally got up today and he just e-mailed me and Miss E had 5 chicks all hatched out the way they should.

Way to go, but man oh man.

I plan tomorrow to catch up on all sites and then I will post one picture with access to my gallery and you can look through  all my pciutres  :-*

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #365 on: June 10, 2013, 19:57 »
well sometime this week we should have hatches. when I see University hatch , I will head down to Weber . I think they are a few days behind

I will look for food going in

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #364 on: June 02, 2013, 14:06 »
I have Id Miss Edmonton, it is just the male we are having trouble with. Gord thinks his first Id was off and we cannot get cooperation from Male LOL