Author Topic: Logan - 2016 / Hart & Jolicoeur  (Read 17544 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Logan - 2016 / Hart & Jolicoeur
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2016, 11:30 »
Had a long look back through the recordings and had a very early morning visit by a bird with a black head and very nice broad white breast - Ty and Hart are our only boys with that and Ty doesn't seem to stray from West Winnipeg and this bird looked particularly familiar and comfortable where he was, so it it was anyone it would have been Hart.

Joli was around yesterday at an odd hour of the afternoon (odd for her at least) doing a lot of preening by the nestbox.  Couldn't read her band number but her coloured band is on the opposite leg from Hart's.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2016, 11:05 »
Been quiet on-camera at the Logan site, but today, Windsor was spotted for the first time since August at the Radisson nestbox

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2016, 18:00 »
Tee hee she's harassing the local pigeon population now ... Guess we know what's on the menu for dinner!  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2016, 17:58 »
Colour band is on the wrong hand for it to be Hart ... So had to be Joli but her silver band just was the right colour ....  Will have to do some snooping on the recorder in case she's been around at other times today ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2016, 17:51 »
Finally I've caught a bird on camera at Logan.  Bird was by the nestbox preening but they were twisting so much that it looked more like Hart than Joli.  Then s/he was in the nestbox looking just as distressed as Princess and Smiley at the state of the box - but their box is much smaller so it isn't actually as bad just more locally concentrated.  Anywho bird hooped out of the box to preen again on a different perch and I though maybe I saw a flash of pink on the leg and which goes with my overall impression that it is Joli even though I couldn't really see her speckles - maybe the light or the fluffed up feathers while grooming ... I really need to get name tags for these birds for when the light sucks in the late afternoon!!!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2016, 11:42 »
Haven't seen anyone here for days and days and days ... might just be my timing or their sneakiness, but all has been very quiet on camera ...

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2016, 11:51 »
??? Have the chicks been named?

Yes, they have.  For whatever reason I was really twitchy about publishing the names before they fledged - like it would jinx it or something.  Not sure why, maybe everything was going so well made me nervous.

Anywho, the Logan chicks are named in honour of Queen Elizabeth's 90th birthday and the Duke of Edinburgh's 95th.  The chicks are Elizabeth (green tape), Philip (no tape/silver), Mountbatten (red) and Windsor (yellow).  Windsor was the first to fledge, Mountbatten the little charmer was the second and Elizabeth and Philip have been pretty much inseparable - he even came back at night to sleep with her right until her last day on the nestledge.  Haven't seen much of Windsor since he fledged, but Mountbatten kept coming back to visit (and for a meal).

Classy names! :)

That's so sweet to hear how Elizabeth and Philip have been sticking together. I hope they stay that way for a while ...

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2016, 12:07 »
 :) I really like the names of the Logan chicks.  :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2016, 11:53 »
2016 Logan Chick Portrait

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2016, 18:41 »
Wonderful names, every one!  As usual, TPC!!

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2016, 15:14 »
During this memorable year in the lives of the Royals, these names are so appropriate.  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2016, 14:08 »

Yes, they have.  For whatever reason I was really twitchy about publishing the names before they fledged - like it would jinx it or something.  Not sure why, maybe everything was going so well made me nervous.

Anywho, the Logan chicks are named in honour of Queen Elizabeth's 90th birthday and the Duke of Edinburgh's 95th.  The chicks are Elizabeth (green tape), Philip (no tape/silver), Mountbatten (red) and Windsor (yellow).  Windsor was the first to fledge, Mountbatten the little charmer was the second and Elizabeth and Philip have been pretty much inseparable - he even came back at night to sleep with her right until her last day on the nestledge.  Haven't seen much of Windsor since he fledged, but Mountbatten kept coming back to visit (and for a meal).

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2016, 08:38 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2016, 20:00 »
The three Logan chicks (female & 2 males) are back again for the night.  Logan girls best brother is tucked up in a fledgling chick pile with her napping on the ledge.  Other brother is napping nearby sitting up. 

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2016, 23:40 »
Great post, TPC!  8)