Author Topic: ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14  (Read 53629 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008 / Dad & Mom
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 16:26 »
Ack..pouring rain again and mom flew in a big dinner so that should keep them on the ledge for the rest of the day.  Good as T-showers are supposed to come later and I'd have hated to see one of them fledge and get stuck alone in a storm.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 11:53 »
I'm back and everything is as it should be ..Passes out chocolate croissants for everyone to share  :D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 10:35 »
It's lightened up and holy moly, there go the wings!  They might just be drying out but I have a feeling we might see a fledge today...  I have to go out right now too..been waiting all morning for rain to lighten so I can go to my favorite bakery and get some croissants...make sure they stay put til I come back..lol  ;D ;D

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 10:02 »
Yeah I saw that.  It's suppose to rain today, tomorrow and on into the rest of the week.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 09:36 »
Three wet birds, sitting on the ledge all huddled together...alll ready to fledge if only the rain would stop!  Thankfully they are all older now because that ledge is soaked!  The older darker one was flapping alot earlier when the rain had lightened up a bit - he wants to go but then the rain intensified so now they are just huddled together trying to stay dry.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 18:24 »
You should see them now eagle!  They're going to be falling off that ledge anyday now.  Today one of them got up on the ledge a few times and mom flew in to encourage him back down..I almost choked on my coffee!  Fledge watch starts in 6 days but I'm not sure the older one can wait that long.  Boys...always trouble  :D

Almost forgot to add; someone keeps moving the curtain where the camera is so you can see the pattern sometimes which is annoying as it's like looking through the fog.  And last night some noodle was using binoculors through the glass so all I could see was his reflection in the camera...pfft..humans  ::)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 18:26 by carly »

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 17:04 »
Wow what a difference in the two !!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 17:03 »
Great viewing right now - in full screen - they have so much room to spread their wings and flap.  2 of them went dark very fast in contrast to one who is still mostly white.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 11:21 »
Thanks for the tip Anti!  I had looked there when they first put up the link and I didn't click on that link as I figured they'd just post it on the CPF page.  Lots to catch up now!  Thanks again  :D

Offline Antiologist

• Past Member
  • Egg
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 00:14 »
According to a link in the Article Library off of their main page, the male is from the Gulf Tower in Pittsburgh PA (one of ours!), and the female is thought to be from Ontario.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 00:28 by Antiologist »

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 21:23 »
On a Mac it's the same.... control and plus to enlarge.

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 20:27 »
Is there a zoom on this camera? - I need to get out my handy magnifying glass as I find the chicks are a bit too far away.  :-\ - The plus side is it must be great to see the parents take off & land.  ;D

What I do is enlarge the page...For Windows, hold down the control button and press the + key to enlarge...its better than a magnifying glass...loved the nostril description... :)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 15:03 »
Eagle is right, it's set up in another building.  You can go full screen but no zoom :( as far I can tell either.  The other day I could see the reflection of some guys face - mostly his nose in the camera - it was like looking through his nostrils to see the birds..weirdest thing I've ever seen. 

There is  round of thunderstorms coming later today so I"ll be keeping my eyese peeled to make sure they're okay.   I swear it's like we live in Tornado alley this year what will all the torrential rains, high winds and hail..never seen anything like it in my lifetime.

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 14:49 »
I don't honestly know I think the cam is set up in another building looking through the glass.  I haven't been watching as much as I'd like been too busy doing other stuff and watching other webcams lol

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 14:39 »
Is there a zoom on this camera? - I need to get out my handy magnifying glass as I find the chicks are a bit too far away.  :-\ - The plus side is it must be great to see the parents take off & land.  ;D