Manitoba Peregrines > Brandon Tower Peregrines

Tower Nest - 2013 / ? & ?

(1/23) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:
Unfortunately, all quiet out at the Tower site too and just like the pigeons at McKenzie Seeds, the gulls near the the Tower site were looking very unconcerned about the safety ....

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: RCF on September 29, 2013, 10:36 ---This is where we usually see him perched on a regular basis, same area (spot) of the same tower.  Which makes me think at least the male is the same one that's been here all season. 

--- End quote ---

That too is a possibility ...

RCF:
This is where we usually see him perched on a regular basis, same area (spot) of the same tower.  Which makes me think at least the male is the same one that's been here all season. 

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on September 29, 2013, 00:43 ---how did they look to you RCF?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: RCF on September 29, 2013, 09:17 ---I did notice that both birds have adult plumage, I think the male is the same.
--- End quote ---

Then I think you do have a couple of migrating birds ... could be birds of ours from Saskatchewan or tundra birds on their way south - Island Girl is already in Iowa near the Missouri border and one of our WW chicks (don't know which one yet) was over Kansas last week.  Maybe your visitors will hang around a few more days and give you a peek at their legs if only to know if they are banded!

RCF:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on September 29, 2013, 00:43 ---how did they look to you RCF?

--- End quote ---

I did notice that both birds have adult plumage, I think the male is the same.  In an earlier post I believe I mentioned that I hadn't seen Lily or a falcon with a transmitter out here since you were out at banding day.  On September 7th we saw two peregrines here, one flying and one perched but neither one had a transmitter or aerial that we could see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version