Manitoba Peregrines > Brandon Tower Peregrines

Tower Nest - 2013 / ? & ?

<< < (2/23) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: RCF on September 28, 2013, 18:56 ---This is the first time in more than two weeks that I have seen a peregrine out here.  I saw two today and neither one of them looks to have a transmitter.  So it might be Lily and her transmitter came off or it's some other falcon.  :-\  It's too far away and on the wrong side of the tower to get much closer.

--- End quote ---

Last time we visited the site in-person, Lily and her male were just like in your photo RCF ... she was yelling for food and after a while, he left, presumably to get some for her.  It does look to me like the bird on the platform is female by the bulk/size.  And while it is possible that Lily's transmitter could have come off (they are designed to do so) or it could be other birds migrating through - this is the time of year that we have had visitors at nestsites after the resident pair have left. 

Given the time of the year, that you haven't seen a bird there for a couple of weeks and that you can't see a transmitter, I would be inclined to think it's another pair.  And though I can't be sure from the photos, it does seem that both of these birds look older than Lily who still has/had brown in her plumage, both of these birds look fully adult blue-grey - how did they look to you RCF?

Linder:
Great photos, wonder who they are?

RCF:
This is the first time in more than two weeks that I have seen a peregrine out here.  I saw two today and neither one of them looks to have a transmitter.  So it might be Lily and her transmitter came off or it's some other falcon.  :-\  It's too far away and on the wrong side of the tower to get much closer.

RCF:
We saw two peregrines out here today. One was perched on the north stack eating, I think it is the male that we have been seeing all summer and it has no band on it's right leg. The other one flew around the two stacks and then flew off to the southeast, I couldn't see an antennea on it through the binoculars.  

RCF:
Still only one birdie out here and it was on the east side of the north stack, in the same spot as the last time I saw it. He looked like he had a full crop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version