Author Topic: Tower Nest - 2012 / ? & ?  (Read 28420 times)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
Re: Tower Nest - 2012 / ? & ?
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 15:38 »
Didn't see anybody today, but it could be time of day.  It's also a great day for riding the thermals.  :)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 14:41 »
Not even waiting for the banding, got some local birders going out to check when they can so that RCF and Rose get some additional "eyes" to help figure out who and what and where.  When we are there for the banding, we will definitely be checking it out though :)  Will probably even have Wowser with us (*yippeeeeeeee*)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 12:59 »
I think I saw two falcons at the tower today... 

That's wonderful, RCF! :D Maybe TPC & Dennis can do a bit more sleuthing when they come out to band the McKenzie Seed chicks.

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 12:36 »
Ooh exciting!

For what it's worth, I haven't seen anybody at the west, west Winnipeg location since May 31, 2012.

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 01:02 »
 I agree it looks like 2 .........here's hoping! My hubby and I checked it out last week and no luck at all. 

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2012, 17:52 »
I think I saw two falcons at the tower today.  The falcons in the pics kind of look different, it's so hard to tell from that distance . :-\

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2012, 16:54 »
Ellie, I was confused too.
Though it was Cooper I was wondering about, as she seemed to be in Winnipeg one day and Brandon the next.  Now I get it!

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2012, 15:48 »
Thanks to both RCF and Cooper!  Now I understand what is happening.  Sure was in a fog for awhile, lol!

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 09:57 »
Sorry but I am confused.  Are we talking the Tower nest in Brandon or West, West somewhere here in Wpg?

Oh Ellie, I am very sorry. The bird that I have been talking about is the peregrine spotted in Winnipeg (out farther west in the city than Beau and Jules' nest).

Given that this thread is devoted to the Brandon Tower sightings, I probably should not have posted Winnipeg sightings here. It's just that, like RCF, I'm thinking that it may be the same bird flying back and forth. It just seems too coincidental to me that when I don't see the bird in Winnipeg a similar looking bird is spotted in Brandon.

Please chalk it up to my over enthusiasm. (I'm sure I'm not the only one guilty of that!)  ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 21:30 »
Maybe the birdie we have been seeing in Brandon and seeing in Winnipeg is the same one, maybe she is traveling back and forth to both locations.  We will really never know for sure unless band numbers are confirmed.  :-\  ???    This is just what I think. 

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 20:12 »
Sorry but I am confused.  Are we talking the Tower nest in Brandon or West, West somewhere here in Wpg?

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 20:05 »
Yes, I'm talking about west, west. I was not close enough to identify the bird as Alice. But, the bird I saw was not a small bird, and she/he did seem darker in colouration than Alice. Mind you, this year except for a few occasions, it's been a head-on standing or under flight chest view that I've seen of Alice and not the bird in flight, from a distance, I saw on Thursday.

Offline BigBird

• Phanatic
  • Hatchling
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 16:13 »
Well, a little update:
Large peregrine (wouldn't swear it was the same one) was back at the west west haunt last night (May 31). I watched her/him for about 10 minutes at around 8:00 p.m.

He/she was behaving rather curiously in my opinion. She kept circling low over the building, kept landing (or trying to) on an odd part of the building only to immediately take off. He/She would fly almost up to her usually perch, yet not land there (almost as if she couldn't quite make it) and let herself fall away, only to do the same thing again. Maybe it was someone new looking Alice?

Are you talking about WestWest Winnipeg?? Yesterday was the first time in over a week I've seen anyone there... flew right passed my balcony and behind my building... too small to be Alice

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2012, 16:04 »
Ooh, the plot thickens!   :D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2012, 15:37 »
I was far away but I saw what looked like a peregrine at the Tower today.  :)