Author Topic: Radisson - 2008 / Trey & Princess  (Read 309314 times)

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Radisson - May 2008 / Trey & Princess
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2008, 11:05 »
Was watching the birds very early this morning, at first light, and Princess was on the nest, and she was very restless, picking at the gravel and tossing it around and seemed unable to sit still for any length of time.  She re-arranged the gravel within her reach ,  then re--rearranged it again ( this is where the term NESTING comes from .. lol )

She was pipping ( talking ) to herself and to the eggs. 
( encouragement?). then she'd look up in the sky.. shift positions, and do it again.

Keeping our fingers crossed for a viable nest ... the birds are getting impatient, as are we all !

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2008, 10:51 »
Hey, I want the little darlings to hatch soon too, I'm wearing one of the Project's sweatshirts in solidarity with Princess & Trey.  Also helped goslings across a busy road this morning as a sign of good faith toward all things small and feathered  ;D

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2008, 10:46 »
Good Advice Tracy, much more to see during banding - so I'll be checking this forum and the blog - say - about every 30 seconds  ;D ;D for news - thanks for that last update!! :D

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2008, 10:43 »
I had just a few minutes to check in...looks like a gorgeous day there...is this Princess?..(sorry, still working on bird id.. ;) )...Whoever it is just finished doing the "play with the rocks" game...so cute....now...go ahead and get up so we can take a good look, please...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2008, 10:34 »
1031 local time - Princess is napping on the eggs - saw two eggs for sure, third pretty sure.  The sun is shining full on the nestledge and only occasionally do you see a feather give a little flutter. 

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2008, 09:24 »
Don't do that Ballywing, you might want to save that sickday for the banding!!!  ;)

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2008, 08:24 »
Phew!!! - Finally the weather has turned. A perfect day for some chicks to make their appearance! I don't know how I'll survive at work with no webcam, will have to rely on the blog to keep informed. Maybe I should call in sick.  ;D ;D

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2008, 07:53 »
yes I saw two eggs only when she turned.  Thanks for the heads up in the blog.  Ohh maybe today is the day.  There has been a shift change around this time, before so maybe we will see something shortly.  She does seem to be reallly concentrating on those eggs.

Earlybird

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2008, 07:50 »
Yes, as soon as she shifted positions I realized it was her.  Very nice to see the sun shining on the nest and very awesome news in the blog post!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2008, 07:41 »
0741 local time - Princess turned around into the sun and saw two eggs only, but she wasn't getting up much. 

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2008, 07:40 »
Before the sun hit the ledge about 5 minutes ago, it was easier to tell who it was.   It's Princess.  Nice and quiet downtown right now and so far it looks like it didn't actually get below freezing in downtown Winniepg last night - its 4C there right now.

Check the blog, I've made a note about something I saw at 7 am ...

Earlybird

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2008, 07:37 »
The Weather Network says we got below freezing early this morning (-2C from 5am - 7am), but with little wind to no wind.  Hope the nest was not too chilly!  Forecast is calling for sun and a high of 19, light wind, Hooray!
I'm looking at who I think is Trey right now, head looks darker, but it's not the best angle.  No movement yet, so I have not seen eggs or chicks.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 12:06 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2008, 20:54 »
Not sure who is on the nest right now as I have a back view, but whoever it is is really getting blown around.  The wind is NE (coming right at them!) at 35 kph, and the temp is 10C.  And we have a frost warning for tonight -- forecast is possible -3C.  But the next four day highs are 18, 19, 22 and 21C.  Let's just hope the weatherman is right!! 

OH!  Just checked back before I hit "Post".  I guess it's Princess, and I saw her tucking in one egg.  Relief.  Hold on a bit longer, babies! 

Peggeratheart

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2008, 20:11 »
What a wonderful (and appropriate) idea - to name the chicks after wind types! Cool.

Offline Donna

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2008, 18:07 »
just saw a sift change about 10 minutes ago. All three eggs. No sign of any cracking yet.
Donna