Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 129818 times)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / June
« Reply #332 on: June 15, 2010, 17:35 »
Checked on the birdies today, Brooklyn was at the bottom of clock tower and Hurricane was perched at the very top of old mts tower.  Couldn't see any fluffies yet, maybe in a another week they will be popping their heads up behind the nest box ledge.  :-* ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #331 on: June 15, 2010, 17:30 »

In case I missed following up on this one ... banding date is June 28th.  The banding crew is meeting for 1030 hrs, banding itself will probably begin about 1100 hrs - little prep time, then up to the roof etc.  Will bring my walkie-talkies so y'all can hear better than last time ...
That's great TPC, But it was sure nice of bccs to pass around her cell phone so we could hear. :-*

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2010, 16:30 »
If yours aren't working, I also have a pair.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2010, 16:28 »
Dan and I will confirm banding dates when he is sure that the second egg will/won't hatch - need to make sure the youngest chick is old enough to be banded.  Will let folks know when the date is.

As for an event, will also discuss with Dan as he is our man in Brandon.  Every year has different circumstances so I'd hate to say yes and then have to apologize and say no because circumstances have changed since last year.

Will keep you all in the loop ...

In case I missed following up on this one ... banding date is June 28th.  The banding crew is meeting for 1030 hrs, banding itself will probably begin about 1100 hrs - little prep time, then up to the roof etc.  Will bring my walkie-talkies so y'all can hear better than last time ...

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #328 on: June 13, 2010, 21:22 »
Thanks also for the report Rose! :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #327 on: June 13, 2010, 19:41 »
thanks for reports.  They will be showing themselves in no time at all. :)

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2010, 12:55 »
couldn't get on the forum earlier this am,neither could RCF so we guessed the problem wasn't us. Was on parkade about 10am one parent was in the nest box couldn't see the other one but he(Brooklyn) flew in from the northeast with food,first landed on the tower and took off some feathers and flew to the nest box,Hurricane grabbed it (just like her mother) but I guess it didn't please her cause she took it to the tower and cleaned it some more and then went back to the nest box and started to feed the kids. Still can't see any little heads probably in another week if we get lucky and it's feeding time :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #325 on: June 09, 2010, 21:50 »
Thanks for the update, RCF! :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #324 on: June 09, 2010, 18:21 »
Checked on the birdies this afternoon, Hurricane was in the nest box and Brooklyn was in his usual hiding spot, preening himself on the old mts tower... same place as my last photo.  :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #323 on: June 09, 2010, 08:19 »
Birdlover, can you pm me the information on your scope please.
sorry TPC

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #322 on: June 09, 2010, 08:09 »
It is I who has the scope and it's awesome  :o  When spotting the nest box from the parkade second story the nest box fills the view and is VERY clear!  I haven't seen anyone the last couple of times I have been downtown so that's why you haven't heard from me.  Nothing to report.

I'm looking forward to zooming in on the chicks when they start to move about in the nest.
Highly recommend a spotting scope for those of you who are thinking of purchasing one.  I'm glad I did.  :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #321 on: June 08, 2010, 13:53 »
oops , I thought it was you that had the scope. I have to save my pennies.
Saving my pennies too, bev! ;)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #320 on: June 07, 2010, 23:07 »
oops , I thought it was you that had the scope. I have to save my pennies.

congratulations on 2 adorables :-* :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #319 on: June 07, 2010, 20:33 »
Brandon banding is set for June 28th...
Darn! I'll still be in school with the Kinderchicklets! :( Oh well, I did get to experience it last year. :D For anyone thinking of going, it's well worth the trip and the experience! :D Good news that Brooklyn and Hurricane have 2 chicks! :D

How do you like your scope KInderchick. I am getting one next year and the biologists are lending me one when they get back form the field...
I don't have a sight scope, bev, but sure wish I did!  :D BirdLover is the one with the sight scope... Great that you are getting the loan of one. Last year at the Brandon banding, TPC set hers up on the parkade roof across the street from the McKenzie Seed building and let us observe the banding. It was awesome! ;D 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #318 on: June 07, 2010, 20:14 »
Great news grandma!!  ;)