Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 129800 times)

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / June
« Reply #347 on: June 17, 2010, 15:44 »
Well, I think we'd better get a head count of how many are going. I'm in, so are Pam, Linderlou and Des. If anyone else wants to go, let us know so that we can plan cars etc.
And I'll bring walkie talkies too, never know, might be able to figure out who is where on the road. ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #346 on: June 17, 2010, 15:42 »
:'( I won't be able to go this year.  Am working that day.  :'(  I know y'all will have a blast though.  It was so much fun last year, I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Will look forward to the excellent photos our Dennis will snap!
BirdLover, great hearing from you! ;D How's the sight scope? ??? I'm not able to go this year either because school's still "in" for the Kinderchicklets. :( Yes, it sure was fun last year and maybe we'll be able to go again another time. :-\ I know that the most important thing is the birds and the "team" involved with the banding. :D And I'm certain that Dennis will post some fabulous photos! ;D

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #345 on: June 17, 2010, 14:40 »
 :'( I won't be able to go this year.  Am working that day.  :'(  I know y'all will have a blast though.  It was so much fun last year, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Will look forward to the excellent photos our Dennis will snap!

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #344 on: June 16, 2010, 22:39 »
Last year sounded like so much fun.

I'm with you, Moonstar -- left behind while the rest of the gang has all the fun . . .  :(  I had intended to go this year, but have all my vacation allocated with nothing to spare. Oh well, maybe we can organize a phanatic gathering after both bandings have happened and we can hear all about it!

I too am feeling sorry for myself. But like Tracy says, it is all what is best for the birds and the people needed for the banding and not us...and that is how it should be.

I might be able to attend the banding of the west pair and watch from the ground. I am on vacation last 2 weeks of July and 1st week of Aug.

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #343 on: June 16, 2010, 13:22 »
I'm sorry for the people who want to come to Brandon but have other commitments, because the display last year was wonderful but the pictures Dennis took of zeus were even better, nothing like getting up close and personal with an angry falcon. Hurricane on the other hand took it all in stride and simply flew to mts tower and let Zeus do all the work. She was only 2 years old and I guess wondered what was going on. From the parkade we do have a fine view of any display of fancy flying, there are no tall buildings to get in the way and lots of open sky and hopefully a cloudless day like last year.  :'( :)

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #342 on: June 16, 2010, 12:24 »
Hey TPC, I'm just feeling sorry for myself -- of course the banding has to be done when it's right for the chicks! My unallocated vacation days are really scarce this year, so I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. If Dennis's photos are anything like the ones he took last year, they'll be well worth waiting for, and will be almost as good as being there! Hope it goes really well.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #341 on: June 16, 2010, 11:43 »
For everyone who can't make it, sorry, we have very little lee-way when it comes to banding ages, we need to band them when their feet are full grown but before they get twitchy and think they can fly - so between 21 and 25 days ideally.  The 28th was the best day for everyone, the chicks especially!

Dennis will take lots and lots of photos!!

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #340 on: June 16, 2010, 10:40 »
Last year sounded like so much fun.

I'm with you, Moonstar -- left behind while the rest of the gang has all the fun . . .  :(  I had intended to go this year, but have all my vacation allocated with nothing to spare. Oh well, maybe we can organize a phanatic gathering after both bandings have happened and we can hear all about it!

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2010, 10:16 »
I was so hoping the banding in Brandon would have been the 1st week of July.  I was going to join all of you.  But I have no vaction to take on Jun.28/10. 
You all enjoy it.  Last year sounded like so much fun.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #338 on: June 16, 2010, 08:14 »
your banding date might be the same as Edmonton. Ours is not  set in stone yet.

so nice you can all be included in some shape or form.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #337 on: June 15, 2010, 23:06 »
Hmmmm,.... if you had a hands free cell, I wonder if we could do a conference call arrangement for some of us out of townies?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #336 on: June 15, 2010, 21:52 »
In case I missed following up on this one ... banding date is June 28th.  The banding crew is meeting for 1030 hrs, banding itself will probably begin about 1100 hrs - little prep time, then up to the roof etc.  Will bring my walkie-talkies so y'all can hear better than last time ...
That's great TPC, But it was sure nice of bccs to pass around her cell phone so we could hear. :-*

It was great that Bccs had such a good phone - mine wouldn't have worked nearly so well!  I have three talkies so I'll see about leaving two with y'all and taking one with us ... kinda like stereo!

I could bring 3 more too!

The more the merrier, never know what might work best ...

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #335 on: June 15, 2010, 21:12 »
In case I missed following up on this one ... banding date is June 28th.  The banding crew is meeting for 1030 hrs, banding itself will probably begin about 1100 hrs - little prep time, then up to the roof etc.  Will bring my walkie-talkies so y'all can hear better than last time ...
That's great TPC, But it was sure nice of bccs to pass around her cell phone so we could hear. :-*

It was great that Bccs had such a good phone - mine wouldn't have worked nearly so well!  I have three talkies so I'll see about leaving two with y'all and taking one with us ... kinda like stereo!

I could bring 3 more too!

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2010, 18:35 »

8) ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #333 on: June 15, 2010, 18:29 »