Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 129810 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / June
« Reply #362 on: June 18, 2010, 20:28 »
Wish I was going with you, sami... Maybe next year. :-\

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #361 on: June 18, 2010, 16:38 »
Thanks for the driving directions. Simple is good, since I've been known to get lost driving home! (Well, it was dark out and after midnight, and after work, what can I say).  ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #360 on: June 18, 2010, 12:55 »
We also send around a map to the drivers just before the convoy begins ...

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #359 on: June 18, 2010, 12:53 »
Count me in! If we have too many for one car, I can drive - just need someone with me who knows Brandon (I can get there, it's the getting around in town that would be the problem).
A few simple directions to get to parkade from highway. At the lights at no.1 highway and 1st street turn left onto 1st street, go down 1st street to Princess ave.( that's the second set of lights south of the bridge),turn right,stay in right lane and go over to 8th street, turn right into parkade, parking is on west side of 2nd level we'll see you there ;D :) Just so you know, there is construction going on all the way down the hill but this is the best way in spite of construction.

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #358 on: June 18, 2010, 12:37 »
Hurricane should feel right at home today - her hatch year had storm after storm after storm too - in fact she and her sibs used to sit up at night watching the lightning race across the sky!

Ever wondered where she got her name?  ;)
No storm or wind the last 24hrs but lots of rain. Hurricane could be considered a video star,thats her being banded in  2007 banding video (link on cbc web cam page)23/y,she wasn't paricularly happy about the whole procedure and also TPC indicated she was male little did any one know ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:39 by Rose »

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #357 on: June 18, 2010, 12:26 »
Thanks for that TPC!  I had no idea how she got her name " Hurricane" but sure makes sense!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #356 on: June 18, 2010, 12:15 »
Hurricane should feel right at home today - her hatch year had storm after storm after storm too - in fact she and her sibs used to sit up at night watching the lightning race across the sky!

Ever wondered where she got her name?  ;)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #355 on: June 18, 2010, 11:56 »
hope you all have a great time

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #354 on: June 17, 2010, 21:24 »
Count me in! If we have too many for one car, I can drive - just need someone with me who knows Brandon (I can get there, it's the getting around in town that would be the problem).

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2010, 18:03 »
Hmmmm,.... if you had a hands free cell, I wonder if we could do a conference call arrangement for some of us out of townies?
No hands free cell bcbird, but you can call me and we can pass it around. For sure with all the walkie talkies you'll be able to hear the birdies too.
Maybe even have a bit of a chat with TPC and Dennis. ;D ;D
That sounds like a great idea!
Oh ya, I'm full of .........   ( here comes eye-spy )   them ;D ;D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #352 on: June 17, 2010, 17:45 »
Hmmmm,.... if you had a hands free cell, I wonder if we could do a conference call arrangement for some of us out of townies?
No hands free cell bcbird, but you can call me and we can pass it around. For sure with all the walkie talkies you'll be able to hear the birdies too.
That sounds like a great idea!

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #351 on: June 17, 2010, 16:47 »
I will miss you all! :'( But have LOTS of fun and take some GREAT photos, rcf! Dennis is not the only one who can take great photos! ;)

Rose and I are sad you can't make it this year Kinderchick.  We did have a good time last year that's for sure ..... there's always next year. ;) :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #350 on: June 17, 2010, 16:01 »
I will miss you all! :'( But have LOTS of fun and take some GREAT photos, rcf! Dennis is not the only one who can take great photos! ;)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #349 on: June 17, 2010, 15:56 »
Well, I think we'd better get a head count of how many are going. I'm in, so are Pam, Linderlou and Des. If anyone else wants to go, let us know so that we can plan cars etc.
And I'll bring walkie talkies too, never know, might be able to figure out who is where on the road. ;D

Rose and I will be waiting for you on the parkade. We wouldn't miss the banding for anything and also meeting more phanatics. ;D 8)

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #348 on: June 17, 2010, 15:46 »