Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 129798 times)

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
McKenzie Seeds - 2010 / June
« Reply #377 on: June 22, 2010, 17:49 »
Report from Dan in Brandon - he checked on the chicks and they are look great! 

Banding is still set for the 28th.  For those folks who are driving out to watch from the Parkade, if the drivers would send me a pm, I can send you the map we used last year to help you get where you need to go.  Looks like we will be going up around 10:30, so we are aiming to get to Brandon for 10:00.  We will be parking at the Parkade and will be sure to make sure that y'all are set up with the best view.  And I will bring my scope for you to use.  Lunch is at the same place as last year & yes, I will phone them to let them know we are coming.

I'll bring my scope and a tripod, too.  Should be good viewing!

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #376 on: June 22, 2010, 15:09 »
What is that long pole that appears to be sticking out of the nestbox and that Brooklyn appears to be standing on?
That's their perch, when the chicks are almost ready to fledge, they will be out practicing on it.  :o ;)  They will also be standing on top of nest box.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #375 on: June 22, 2010, 14:48 »
Great pics, rcf! ;D Can see the 2 chicks!  :D What is that long pole that appears to be sticking out of the nestbox and that Brooklyn appears to be standing on? ??? He looks as if he's walking the "gang plank"! ;) Maybe Hurricane said "March!" ;) LOL! ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #374 on: June 22, 2010, 14:13 »
I took this pic from the top of parkade ramp, its the best place to to see into nest box..... not the best place to get a real good photo. Brooklyn was cleaning his beak after feeding two little fluffies. :)

Old mts tower, Hurricane on left and Brooklyn on the right.

This is where Brooklyn keeps his cache.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #373 on: June 22, 2010, 12:35 »
Report from Dan in Brandon - he checked on the chicks and they are look great! 

Banding is still set for the 28th.  For those folks who are driving out to watch from the Parkade, if the drivers would send me a pm, I can send you the map we used last year to help you get where you need to go.  Looks like we will be going up around 10:30, so we are aiming to get to Brandon for 10:00.  We will be parking at the Parkade and will be sure to make sure that y'all are set up with the best view.  And I will bring my scope for you to use.  Lunch is at the same place as last year & yes, I will phone them to let them know we are coming.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2010, 15:42 »
Glad you finally saw the chicks.  they grow so fast  :-*

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2010, 13:51 »
Glad you finally saw the chicks yesterday, rcf.  :D Now we just need one of your great photos, so we can know for "absolute sure", as the Kinderchicklets would say, that there really are peregrine chicks out your way! ;) ;D

Going to Brandon Tuesday morning, so I will try to get pics.  ;)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #370 on: June 21, 2010, 13:42 »
Glad you finally saw the chicks yesterday, rcf.  :D Now we just need one of your great photos, so we can know for "absolute sure", as the Kinderchicklets would say, that there really are peregrine chicks out your way! ;) ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2010, 20:40 »
Finally saw the chicks today 8), they were at front of nest box but they ducked behind the ledge every time I tried to take their picture.  ::)  I will try another day. :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2010, 19:34 »
A very Happy Father's Day to Brooklyn!
Yes, indeed! Happy Father's Day, Brooklyn ;D

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2010, 18:04 »
A very Happy Father's Day to Brooklyn!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #366 on: June 20, 2010, 13:06 »
Just home from the parkade, What a beautiful day, all sunshine,no wind  :) :) The whole family were sunning themselves, Brooklyn on the east light,Hurricane on the tower (and not hiding like Brooklyn). Could see the chicks in the nest box, they too were moving around and stretching their wings. They seemed to be pretty active,moving from one side of the nest to the other. They sure have grown over the last week, last sunday could hardly see them,now a lot of them show above the nest ledge and can even see some feathers(needed RCF there with the camera) :) ;) ;D
That's great that you finally have a good view of the chicks moving around in the nestbox, Rose! :D

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2010, 13:02 »
That's great Rose, thanks for the update ;D
Ditto. 
I'm hoping to get to Brandon for the banding.  Really looking forward to it all.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #364 on: June 20, 2010, 10:56 »
That's great Rose, thanks for the update ;D

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #363 on: June 20, 2010, 09:05 »
Just home from the parkade, What a beautiful day, all sunshine,no wind  :) :) The whole family were sunning themselves, Brooklyn on the east light,Hurricane on the tower (and not hiding like Brooklyn). Could see the chicks in the nest box, they too were moving around and stretching their wings. They seemed to be pretty active,moving from one side of the nest to the other. They sure have grown over the last week, last sunday could hardly see them,now a lot of them show above the nest ledge and can even see some feathers(needed RCF there with the camera) :) ;) ;D