Author Topic: ON / Etobicoke - Bloor & Islington / 2008-21  (Read 64502 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Etobicoke - Sun-Life - 2008 / Screech, Sunny & Perry
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 20:22 »
Thank you and if anything exciting happens tomorrow I will let you know.  I didnt' want to say too much about today because I didn't want to take anything away from the Etobicoke blogster Frank.  I have met him and some of the other people that run the organization here in Toronto and they are a great group of people and they take great pride in their work as they should. 

I of course don't profess to have any professional knowledge about peregrines but these people sure do, they seem to know everything and they really love what they do.  I just kept my mouth shut, helped out when I could and I learned so much...at one point we were looking for one of the female peregrines to see where she landed as it was residential area with loads of tress and they were listening for other birds 'calls' as they said if she was nearby they would react to it.   I of course would never have even thought to do something like that!  They could even tell by the 'calls' what kind of bird it was...heh..so much to learn!

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 20:09 »
Since we can't watch ourselves, Carly, any updates you have will be greatly appreciated! 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 19:42 »
I was out all day today at the site observing the juvies - I kind of invited myself  ;D.  It was exciting to say the least.  The two young ones were released this afternoon and mom and dad immediately knew something was up and were circling the perimeter of the rooftop area quite aggressively and were reuntied with their young ones. 

It was my first time being out in the field so to speak and I had a great time - although I admit it was nerve wracking at times...like watching your own kids leave the nest..hehe!  I am hoping they do okay this evening and I plan on going out tomorrow to check it out again!  Hopefully the evening is going well - I'll be looking for the evening post as well to see how it went!

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 16:28 »
The webcam seems to be off-air, but there is an interesting blog for yesterday June 13th about the adventure of all three chicks fledging for  the  first time and it turned out to be a very lucky Friday the 13 for all!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
ON / Etobicoke - Bloor & Islington / 2008-21
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 20:02 »
2008 NESTING SEASON

Canadian Peregrine Foundation Etobicoke Falcon Watch

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/Web_Cams/Etobicoke/index.htm

nest location: Sun Life Financial Centre, Etobicoke
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 20:04 by The Peregrine Chick »