Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 53210 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Edmonton - Weber Building - 2009 / Beau & Ms Edmonton
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2009, 08:26 »
I have still been keeping an eye on Miss Edmonton. she is looking great,sad as I am.
she has now re-gained the top perches to oversee things. When the male came she relinquished that to him.  that  is something I found interesting at both sites. how the male for the most part perches higher. I guess because he is the chief protector.

I will find out soon if the eggs have hatched  and are O.K. Fingers are crossed.

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2009, 22:10 »
Bev, as sad as the event of the male is be glad that all your deligent work has saved to eggs. Here's to the future. Hopefully Miss E will have better luck next year.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2009, 21:39 »
Bev, I am so sorry to read about what happened at Miss Edmonton's nest. I was hoping everything would go well for her this year. She is such a great peregrine, and was always a great mother when she had the chance. I hope the two eggs will hatch, and am glad you were able to have them taken care of. I wonder what happened to Beau - this is just so very sad.

Thank you for everything you have done to try to help this pair. I really admire your dedication to these beautiful birds.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2009, 17:07 »
Just for those of you who don't know all the names yet, the Trefry's are the breeders we got our two chicks last year for Princess & Trey to foster.  Princess and Trey turned us down so the chicks went back to the Trefry's and they were subsequently placed in breeding programs in Alberta and BC so their genes will be out there in the next couple of years!  

So the little ones grew up to stay at the Trefry's, rather than to be released!

Actually both left the Trefry's for other breeding facilitie if I recall correctly ... doing well last I heard, but probably not breeding until next year at the earliest.  If I get more news, will be sure to pass along!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2009, 17:05 »
Just for those of you who don't know all the names yet, the Trefry's are the breeders we got our two chicks last year for Princess & Trey to foster.  Princess and Trey turned us down so the chicks went back to the Trefry's and they were subsequently placed in breeding programs in Alberta and BC so their genes will be out there in the next couple of years! 

So the little ones grew up to stay at the Trefry's, or other breeders, rather than being released? 

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2009, 15:49 »
Thanks for that news TPC..they certainly do rock!
Bev is Miss E's angel....so maybe there will be 2 of Miss E's genes flying about soon enough! 
I know that doesn't make the situation any better Bev, but you saved 2 eggs.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2009, 15:24 »
Just for those of you who don't know all the names yet, the Trefry's are the breeders we got our two chicks last year for Princess & Trey to foster.  Princess and Trey turned us down so the chicks went back to the Trefry's and they were subsequently placed in breeding programs in Alberta and BC so their genes will be out there in the next couple of years!  The Trefry's are great to work with and their peregrines rock!  They were responsible for all but a couple of the captive-bred birds we released in the early days of the Project and which formed the basis of our current success.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2009, 12:54 »
How sad. Poor Miss E. She has had such bad years lately, and just when it seems things are getting better, this happens. How hard for you, too, Bev.
I do hope somebody finds out what happened to her mate, not that that will make any difference, but it's always nice to have that bit of closure. Thank goodness you were able to save two of the chicks-to-be.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2009, 12:29 »
Oh Bev, I'm so sorry to hear about your girl... :'(  I can't even imagine what you're going through.  I know this is hard but, the positive and good side to this is that you saved 2 eggs and Miss E is safe and strong.  All your dedication has paid off for Miss E as you in fact saved her eggs.  You are her Angel!  I'm sorry that this happened to her...she's one great Falcon.  The good thing, which you stated, this didn't happen as the chicks were hatching.  She will carry on and delight all who's watching her hunt for food.   Let's all hope Miss E gets the best next season...she deserves it!

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2009, 10:32 »
bev, I can't imagine how hard it was to watch her looking for her mate.  I'm very glad you were able to get the biologists to take the eggs and that 2 will be saved.  That's the best outcome possible from a bad situation.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2009, 07:59 »
Oh Bev, I'm so sorry. You did save 2 future falcons. Way to go.

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2009, 07:47 »
So sorry things went this way Bev.  To you and all involved in Edmonton towards the effort of these birds I sympathize.  The energy that goes into the success of these nests absolutely ends up involving alot of emotion so as I feel sadness myself I can only imagine how difficult this is for you.  Hang in there my girl and know that we're all standing by cheering you and Miss Edmonton on for next year.  In the meantime I enjoy reading your posts and appreciate all I learn from your efforts in keeping the peregrines thriving.  So carry on just like "they do in nature", carry on.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2009, 06:36 »
So very sorry to read about Miss E and her mate and the eggs Bev.  Thank you so much for what you did for them.  Poor Miss E just can't get a break.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2009, 00:29 »
My heart goes out to you, Bev. What a difficult week you have had.
Yes, we all know the great attraction and affection you have for this particular Peregrine.  Miss Edmonton is very special and you have been very faithful in watching her and hoping this would be her year.

When I asked if I could share the news about the eggs eith you Gord said
Feel free to report on any of this - I think it shows just how important diligent observers can be in peregrine management - in all likelihood, you have saved two young peregrine's lives!

You, Bev, in all likelihood, have saved two young peregrine's lives!  That is the good that is saved from this tragic experience.  Take care.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2009, 00:12 »
When I asked if I could share the news about the eggs eith you Gord said
Feel free to report on any of this - I think it shows just how important diligent observers can be in peregrine management - in all likelihood, you have saved two young peregrine's lives!