Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (97/100) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: bev. on April 26, 2009, 15:23 ---So the TG is on the Weber building on one side and another female is on the other side.  boy, boy. they will not fight there as it is not considered a nest site.
--- End quote ---

It isn't just the nestsite they will fight over.  They will definitely fight over the core area of a territory but they will defend as far as they are inclined to - sometimes right to the border, sometimes just out of the immediate vicinity.  Will also depend on the time of the year.  If the birds aren't fighting, only Radisson knows why ...

carly:
Good news Bev!  And Radisson must have heard me because she's back now...lol  ;D

Interesting that 2 females are on the Webber building...we need some males for them and 2 nestboxes!

bev.:
I have jsut been to the Weber building and then spent an hour on the parkade with one of the biologists. He has been there since 7:30am and will stay there for a bit. another biologist will be there around 4:00pm  Needless to say i am cold and wet.  So the TG is on the Weber building on one side and another female is on the other side.  boy, boy. they will not fight there as it is not considered a nest site.

So now for the nest site building. The female when I left was on the south side of the nest building. and the male is on the heart building.  Wayne saw  some copulation, on the heart building but no feeds.  I showed him where I see them feed so he will be looking at that.

So far everything looks O.K.  TG might just be resting up first, This site is considered the second best site in Edmonton area.  The best site is Downtown Edmonton. the female there is pretty formidable. I guess they wanted to put a nest box on the Weber building but the manager will not hear of it. :(

and yes, the weather is pretty  crummy.  So it is still wait and see.

allikat:
Oh please...no more drama.

It's wonderful to know that TG is on her way back..it's always fantastic news to hear about mature peregrines coming back (home). 

bev.:
I was just kidding also Carly. 
I am glad someone is getting nice weather.

Have a great falcon watching time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version