Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (89/100) > >>

Linder:
This is wonderful news to all, especially you, so glad that Miss Edmonton (Eddie) will have finally have a chance. Fingers crossed that all turns out well at this site, which I am positively feeling that it will.

bev.:
I cannto tell you how elated I am.
I am going to call the male BEau. I liked the way TPC had the 2 names together.

carly:
Congratulation Bev!!  What wonderful news, so happy that Miss E is going to be a mom again  :-*

bev.:
Well I guess siting and observing for the last 3 years as sharpened my instincts,.One of the biologists   Just e-mailed me and he went down  to the  site and they are now incubating 2 eggs. I knew it by their actions.   So I cannot give you pictures of the eggs of course but his is great because the  fledge won't be as late as it could have been  so then they will hatch around the beginning of July I imagine. O f course there could be more but at least this gives a good estimate now. So I know where I will be July long weekend ;) ;)  I am going to get a good picture of her and a good one of him later to post

bev.:
I am going to summarize Saturday and Sundays visits becasue you do not want the pages of notes I have here.

We spent 5 hours at the site on Saturday evening  You  could tell the male was still on alert, but I am positive it is the same male by our picutres
The exciting thing for me is that Miss E spent Saturday and Sunday night at the scrape. At least when we left after 11:10pm she was still there so I think that would be the night for her.  While we at the site Saturday and Sunday, the scrape was only left unattended for 30 minutes. Both Miss E and Beau  ;) ;)are lying in the scrape. She is there more but he is taking turns.Good sign

SAturday he flew to scrape with food and then flew off with it. Now I know this is a courting ritual but also, I witnessed Damon take a small bite to Radisson and then leave with it after she laid her first egg.  I will try not to get ahead of things though.

May31

We went down at 3 separate times and every time someone was lying in the scrape.  When I see them moving around I imagine what they are doing from what I have seen on the cams  I am not going to say where the scrape is for safety reasons of the pair. but after observing the site I feel it is a good place for fledging . It is just not as high as I would like and it is  not  private. But Miss E knows what she is doing . the male seems to be doing a good job. He ceertainly takes his turns at the scrape.  Now yesterday they were always lying in the scrape but on Saturday they were lying and sitting.????

Peter and I are very careful to not let anyone see when we are looking at scrape site.  the Weber is O.K. becasue a lot of people know that the pair are there and they are just assuming they are nesting there and that is good.  I will say the restaurants and junk places get more business when  Peter and I are around observing.  Last night ,though we took popcorn form home and water.

We even know the cleanest facilities to use ;) ;)  Peter has been so understanding right now. He knows how I feel about Miss E and that I jsut want to be able to pinpoint hath dates if thee are eggs.  the more we are there the more he is learning and seeing also.  so let us hope they are clear sailing now.
I will post picutres but my computer is running slow for some reason right now and it is taking forever to upload but  I  will get some posted. I will be goin tonight also

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version