Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (87/100) > >>

bev.:
We do not take too many pictures here as not to disclose site(nest site)

When we got there Miss Edmonton was on the top southeast ledge of Weber building and Beau was incubating.  We got there about 7:00pm  There are always gulls around but I am always looking to make sure intruder never comes back.

At about 7:42 Beau sits up at nest site and looks around and then he flies off to Weber building and lands on top ledge on NE side so they are opposite each other.(he is telling her to be careful for the night and he will stand watch) Miss Edmonton then flies off of nest ledge and settles in for the night .

I only have a shot of Miss Edmonton tonight but will go through pictures for other shots tomorrow. I will get some more of the male.  We are just trying to lay low so no one knows what we are looking at.  The weber building is O.K> bu the other one is one we are keeping quiet about.  I was worried this morning as we had rain all night and all morning but sun is out now. I am not sure if Edmonton got it. they do not have too much protection.

bev.:
A  friend of nature went down on Wednesday night while I was away and reported all was well. thank-you very much.

I went last night to see for myself and Miss E was on the Weber building and Beau(the male) was in the scrape.  You can not see Beau when he is hunkered down and that is good Miss E flew off the Weber building a few times. She went out of view but we are assuming eating at the stash or hunting or just getting some exercise. We waited until Beau  got up and flew over to the Weber building ,one ledge above Miss E. Miss E then flew over to scrape and settled in for the night.

I do not take many pictures because I do not want to alert anyone to where the scrape is. I think we have one of Miss E  from last night and I will post later
and I am thinking, how will I ever keep up with 2 sites :) But there is no cam here so I will do it.

It rained last night and just started as we were leaving.

bev.:
I will be going down tonihgt to do a spot check here and seed that everything is O.K.

bev.:
here are just a few shots I have more of Miss E . Just have to figure out how to get hem so you do not see where she is nesting.

bev.:
Was down at the site last night and tonight.  The male at this site does not have a band. They were thinking of banding him but, it did not happen.  they are doing nicely but the cold is not helping. I had a special friend down there  tonight.. someone I can trust not to reveal the site. That person is going to discreetly check on things while I am gone.

I will download pcitures when I came back I promise. WE only have about 500. So I have to pick the BEst.

the male is doing a great job and I find it touching that he goes over and sits by MIss E  just before he tucks in.  Miss E may have more than 2 eggs. That is just what Gord saw when he checked on Monday.  I figure a hatch around the first week in July and fledge around the middle of  August.  I was hoping they would put a nest tray there but I think not.

I will be keeping a real close eye on them.  I find it interesting that  when  he is on the  WEber building he sits on the  ledge one down . MIss E always sits 3 or 4 down.  We are calling him BEau , right. It is hard to see them when they are  incubating , right now as it is so cold that they are scrunched right down. but with patience you can eventually see a bit.

So I will post pictures when I get back late next week.   If I have time I will try and sneak in a few before I go to bed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version