Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (86/100) > >>

Liz:
Don't stress it bev.  I think it was generally understood what you meant. 

bev.:
I hope I did not offend by using the word "stupid". I think I clarified it. I  just used it in reference to another comment made.
So many people are not educated as to falcons or any other bird species and so the need to protect is there.
they are not" stupid". Just uneducated. I wish more educating could be done.

I went to the site last night and everything looks good . I  will post a few  picutres later.

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: Holly-Birdeze on June 16, 2009, 12:39 ---Question????
Are nest sites disclosed (as in all Geographic areas is seems) for reasons of "stupidity amongst the humans" or do the falcons abandon their nests because too many people are looking up from below - "we're not a side show" (which seems odd)  but? why? 
--- End quote ---

When nest sites are kept anonymous it usually has something to do with security - for the birds and the building's occupants.  There are always people who want a closer look, so some sites are not disclosed.  It was/is much more common at cliff-sites because it is almost impossible to be able to secure those sites because of their location, sites in cities are much more "secureable" so we can use them for educational purposes without putting them at risk much of the time.  As for people looking up a tthem, the peregrines don't pay the least attention to us except when we get to close to their chicks or their nestsites.

bev.:
This nest  site is not very private so we do not want unwanted attention.  And  where this is , we might get " Stupid" humans interfering.
by that I mean people who do not know any better.

when the eggs hatch and I can get pictures of the kids, I will but I will block out the site.

Holly-Birdeze:
Question????
Are nest sites disclosed (as in all Geographic areas is seems) for reasons of "stupidity amongst the humans" or do the falcons abandon their nests because too many people are looking up from below - "we're not a side show" (which seems odd)  but? why?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version