Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (82/100) > >>

bev.:
I have still been keeping an eye on Miss Edmonton. she is looking great,sad as I am.
she has now re-gained the top perches to oversee things. When the male came she relinquished that to him.  that  is something I found interesting at both sites. how the male for the most part perches higher. I guess because he is the chief protector.

I will find out soon if the eggs have hatched  and are O.K. Fingers are crossed.

eagle63_1999:
Bev, as sad as the event of the male is be glad that all your deligent work has saved to eggs. Here's to the future. Hopefully Miss E will have better luck next year.

Alison:
Bev, I am so sorry to read about what happened at Miss Edmonton's nest. I was hoping everything would go well for her this year. She is such a great peregrine, and was always a great mother when she had the chance. I hope the two eggs will hatch, and am glad you were able to have them taken care of. I wonder what happened to Beau - this is just so very sad.

Thank you for everything you have done to try to help this pair. I really admire your dedication to these beautiful birds.

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: bcbird on June 29, 2009, 17:05 ---
--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on June 29, 2009, 15:24 ---Just for those of you who don't know all the names yet, the Trefry's are the breeders we got our two chicks last year for Princess & Trey to foster.  Princess and Trey turned us down so the chicks went back to the Trefry's and they were subsequently placed in breeding programs in Alberta and BC so their genes will be out there in the next couple of years!  
--- End quote ---

So the little ones grew up to stay at the Trefry's, rather than to be released!
--- End quote ---

Actually both left the Trefry's for other breeding facilitie if I recall correctly ... doing well last I heard, but probably not breeding until next year at the earliest.  If I get more news, will be sure to pass along!

bcbird:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on June 29, 2009, 15:24 ---Just for those of you who don't know all the names yet, the Trefry's are the breeders we got our two chicks last year for Princess & Trey to foster.  Princess and Trey turned us down so the chicks went back to the Trefry's and they were subsequently placed in breeding programs in Alberta and BC so their genes will be out there in the next couple of years! 

--- End quote ---

So the little ones grew up to stay at the Trefry's, or other breeders, rather than being released? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version