Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (59/100) > >>

bcbird:
Oh, Bev. 
Thank you for sharing these photos and your heart with us. 
You have waited a long time for Miss Edmonton to have a family.
We are all hoping with you for good things for her "Little Mr". 

bev.:
last few shots from august 8. both adults were above youngster. This was shortly after they went on attack.  Peter went down last night after work. As far as we know , no flight yet. Youngster was on back of building. Peter had all  3 in view  We had quite the storm last night so I hope all is well. will try and check today

bev.:
I keep clicking wrong buttons.  ::)  these are from August 8. the youngster is growing. He will be flying any day now.

While we wee there, both adults were suddenly on the attack. NOt sure if a hawk came too close or another juvenile falcon, but there were 3 birds and they wee right on its tail. It happened so fast.   I am impressed with this adult team. Always watching the young one. I pray for success here.

bev.:
These are shots from august 4. It is hard to get good shots of this site.   the little mister is not lacking for food.

looking out                                                                 walking along,so grown up

male adult                                                         chick on right and male adult below

youngster eating                                                            miss Edmonton flying around(showing whee to fly to)

shows you where Miss Edmonton was. chick is further to right(this is south east part of roof)

bev.:
part 3 of banding - http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x135/fullbrandt/album%20name/bev48/?action=view&current=9ba0193e.pbw

I cannot begin to tell you how I felt . I left a small part of me on the rooftop that day. she was my first falocn I ever watched.  As most of you know ,Miss Edmonton is dear to my heart. I am glad tracking device is off but now I will never know where she is , if she does not come back. On the up side, I will not know if something happened to her and I would prefer to think she goes on and on. I do have her band number for ID in the future.

Now I will watch her young one and hope it fledges successfully.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version