Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (48/100) > >>

bev.:
I think they are thinking the transmissions throw there natural honing gear off.

As of Sunday we have not spottted a male but that is not saying there is not one there. will go down tomorrow again.

birdcamfan:
Interesting observation.

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: bev. on April 22, 2011, 11:31 ---they have had a transmitter on since 2006 and she always came home late. Last year May 1. but they took off transmitter last year when she was nesting and so now she is home early. I always wondered whether the transmitters caused this. Look at Genesse male since his transmitter. He was always home early till they put it on. ??????
--- End quote ---

Do you think the extra weight of carrying a transmitter makes flying the long distances more arduous and they are perhaps later coming home to nest because they have to stop and rest more? :-\

bev.:
they have had a transmitter on since 2006 and she always came home late. Last year May 1. but they took off transmitter last year when she was nesting and so now she is home early. I always wondered whether the transmitters caused this. Look at Genesse male since his transmitter. He was always home early till they put it on. ??????

I think it is something they are loo

Please delete. somehow 2 turned up the same

bev.:
they have had a transmitter on since 2006 and she always came home late. Last year May 1. but they took off transmitter last year when she was nesting and so now she is home early. I always wondered whether the transmitters caused this. Look at Genesse male since his transmitter. He was always home early till they put it on. ??????

I think it is something they are looking at.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version