Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (37/100) > >>

bev.:
sorry I have not been back. i will do pictures soon. With fledge watch at Clinical I have notbeen able to get down there. These guys will be ready to fledge by late next week.

Kinderchick:
Thanks for the updates, bev. :-*

bev.:
While I was watching at Clinical science, Pete and Dave attended banding here yesterday. I wanted picutres of banding and roof area.

they banded early , as some workers had to go on roof, and Gord wanted to create as little stress as possible ,and  he wanted to be there when workers were there, so they knew what they could not do. To go again later this week to band ,would just be too much on birds.

But it was raining and the rain was blowing in nest box and chicks  were getting real wet, so Gord took youngsters out while workers were there to keep them warm and dry. No way adults would go to box  with workers near by.

So they are banded and Gord will send the info to me. Peter forgot to ask for it. He believes 3 males. I am still saying one is female, as they were young when banded. one was day 16 and the other  2 were day 19.

Pictures will come when we download them.

RCF:
They sure grow fast!  Didn't they just hatch?   ;)

bev.:
the cam was down on weekend but the chicks are doing great. the adults a real synchronized team. Of course I am biased becasue it is Miss Edmonotn.
Gord took out the other 2 eggs this week and he said they were dead early. they will be tested.

Banding should be late next week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version