Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (30/100) > >>

bev.:
I will post some photos of young falocn Gordon took to our fundraiser here and some of our youngster. He left around August 24th.

but since there does not seem to be an interest in my posting here, I will have to reevaluate

bev.:
July 19

Peter and I went to Weber. Still have one here to watch. He is doing great. Been flying now since July 11 th when he accidentally fledged. I f yo remember Peter and Gord coaxed him to fly out back of  parkade and he ended up on telephone pole and with 2 devoted adults , he is doing great. has done a few fly's for food.

Last nihgt we saw the male adult bring in prey and then Miss Edmonton went in nd cleaned it up some. I think she lert some thre for little guy and then flew with rest to her letter W and cleaned it some more and then flew up to satellite dish. Little one looked like he had a bit of leftovers and then catwalked a bit and then disappeared on roof. Probably eating,

I willl post a few shots and then slide show.

slideshow - http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x135/fullbrandt/2012%20falcons/?action=view&current=461fe557.pbw

bev.:
July 17

As of yesterday this guy was doing well. chasing after food also.

bev.:
July 12

Peter received a call from Chris at bin 104, and our juvenile there has made back to roof top and was flapping. :ohyes: :ohyes:

another storm rolling in

bev.:
July 11

Well my heart stopped when Peter phoned me to have the box ready for WEber. When it was reported female down I thought territorial fight. but it was the little  one as Peter mentioned.

so I ventured down there tonight after Clinical Science. we had already phoned Bin 104 , and asked if they could take a peek. there was a big accident there and we could not get there right away. they said our youngster was then on 3rd ledge up on building. so he flew from telephone post to the ledge. this is a good building becasue they have lots of ledges.

When I got there he had catwalked around to east side and we would prefer he go back to north side , away frown traffic. he complied.. I am constantly amazed by these raptors. The adult male came flying onto to ledge beside youngster and then buzzed him to make him fly. Out he went north and then turned around , with me shouting, up , up, and he made it to the 5th floor. :-* :-*  You can tell he is not quite ready yet ,as he was powering out. He is only 38 days old. The adult male flew under him and then beside him all the way to the ledge. A bit later he buzzed him again but the youngster was not going this time.

I stayed 2.5 hours and would liked to have stayed longer but my pooches needed fed and shrubs watered and I have another along day tomorrow.

so left the youngster 5 stories up from top of parkade and the adult male 2 stories above him.

We will check tomorrow and the people at Bin 104 will check also.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version