Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

QC / Montréal - l'Université de Montréal - 2009-19

<< < (27/56) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:
l'Université de Montréal
Montréal, Quebec

webcam & website: http://ornithologie.ca/faucons/

Nice to have a webcam here, though we will have to work on our French to be able to follow all the minutae of Roger and Spirit's lives!

Resident Pairs & Offspring

* 2014 - Roger & Spirit - ?
* 2013 - Roger & Spirit - ?
* 2012 - Roger & Spirit - ?
* 2011 - Roger & Spirit - ?
* 2010 - Roger & Spirit - ?
* 2009 - Roger & Spirit - ?
Couple of notes:
Roger - unbanded I believe - named by Eve Belisle after Roger Gaudry
Spirit - 2002 wild-hatch from the Ironton/Russell Bridge in Ironton, Ohio

And in 2010, Polly, a 2009 offspring of theirs hung around during the beginning of the nesting season.  She had injured herself after fledging and her parents let her hang around the nestsite the following spring.  She left the nestsite in May 2010 ...

allikat:
I love it when they (the chicks) grab hold of something in the nestbox, usually a leftover wing or a feather and they wingersize with that in their talons!  It's just great to watch!

bcbird:
That is a great photo of the parent holding the prey above for Horus to grab!

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: ballywing on June 18, 2010, 20:13 ---Horus seems to be doing fantastic!!!  ;D....(What's with the Sticks) ???

--- End quote ---

Fledglings like to play with things ... had a hacked chick in Portage la Prairie that played with stones on the roof from which she was being hacked - played with them for hours - she'd flip them in the air then chase after them (running and flapping her wings) and do it all over again.  Others have made an art form of chasing grasshoppers on the wing - my first year with the project we had a grasshopper infestation in the province and the fledglings I was taking care of became amazing aerialists!

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: allikat on June 13, 2010, 21:13 ---I'm actually wondering if Polly is looking after that chick she stole from the nest?   :-\
Not sure, maybe that's a long shot but thought I would put that out there.
--- End quote ---

allikat & sami, I too have wondered the same thing, way in the back of my mind... has anyone heard if the chick that Polly snatched from the nestbox was ever found? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version