Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Warburg - Genesee Plant - 2009-18

<< < (104/127) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: bev. on June 24, 2009, 14:21 ---I was waiting for an announcement. this is early is it not. they  were only born May 4
I will see what I can find out without being a pest.

--- End quote ---

June 4th perhaps? And if that's the date, then no, the chicks are banded right on time - day 21 seems to be the best though up to day 25 seems to be pretty safe.  We banded our chicks one week ago, it is easy to imagine that trying to band them now might result in a premature fledging, so the window is quite small for safety sake.  Some sites might allow for later bandings as it might be easier to safely secure the chicks pre-/post-banding so that they don't get spooked and do something drastic.

bev.:
I was waiting for an announcement. this is early is it not. they  were only born May 4
I will see what I can find out without being a pest.

lobi:
I see this little family have all gotten their id anklets (if falcons even have ankles)!  Any one hear what they are?  (Male-Female)

bcbird:
Thank you, Bev.  Nice to see another site in such good detail.

Also fascinating to see that big sky prairie view.  Brings back happy childhood memories of visiting my Mom's family homestead SE of Edmonton.

Linder:
Hi Bev, thanks for shots of the site. It's interesting to see what it actually looks like. Great job!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version