Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Warburg - Genesee Plant - 2009-18

<< < (87/127) > >>

Elaine L:
The falcon that was just in the nestbox was very, very agitated about something she saw nearby; she was stretched out on the perch, moving from side to side, and just  screeching, or at least if this box had sound, it would have been loud.  She kept this up for about a minute, then took off.  Of course, there is no way for us to know what is going on, but I keep watching to see if she returns.

Elaine L:
Falcon in the nestbox at Genesee!  A big one.  This does not look like the same one that was there last week.  But this falcon is looking around, so the one that was there last week may be flying around, and is the potential mate to the one presently in the nestbox.

bev.:
Darndest thing. I have not seen the unbanded one all day now.  Maybe this evening.

I think Peter and I may take a drive out there this weekend and see what is up. We won't be able to see bands but we can see how many are there ,if any.

Alison:
Great pics, Bev! What a handsome, elegant tiercel, whoever he is.

carly:
He's a good looking Tiercel.  I understand why they want to put transmitters on them for tracking but if it delays them - then it might be time to reconsider that program.  Kind of puts them at a disadvantage in terms of finding/claiming their nest and a mate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version