Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Warburg - Genesee Plant - 2009-18

<< < (85/127) > >>

bev.:
As I told you last year ,the nest box is in a very secure area. So we cannot get close. We have to park way up on highway.(we pull off and walk down the hill usually, but it was very windy and cold today.
for the longest time all we saw wee crows and ravens

O f course, Peter, being a guy, found this awesome; I am dying a thousand deaths ;) ;)
(2 X,s in sky is where the falcons were fighting; other X on building is where the other falcon landed , nest box is on cylinder shaped  tower

sorry, best we could do today.

bev.:
Thanks goodness SGB from BCATW got pictures of the 2 falcons at nest box tonight because what a day.

There were 3 falcons there this afternoon and a fight .  But I am wondering if a juvenile entered the space because it was not  brutal, like some fights can be.  There was talon touching and  a few air hits ,then a chase east, until we could see no more. There was few more  air hits, but as far as we could see no one  was injured.  We first saw two soaring over the building just south of box and then the swooping and talon touching. the 3rd falocn landed on the roof of building just south of nest box while the 2 went at it. Then all 3 took off north and then two went east. One chasing the other. Hopefully no one  was hurt. they went beyond our sight range. One came back and just soared way out,patrolling I think.

So we drove ,north a bit, and saw a falcon on the top of tower where we used to see one last year. so I believe  this one did not do the chasing.
We were there a few hours and no one was at box while we were there. Probably patrolling. It was cold and windy.  Hope fully that will be the end of the fighting. We still have the transmitter male on his way.

Lots of hawks out there also. We could not catch the fighting on camera because it was too far for the camera. It would have been dots. We were following with our binoculars.  Of course, me being the fool I am, was saying loudly, fly away fast . Get going and please stay away.  ::) ::) What a nutcase I  am  :) :)

this is where nest box is.

bev.:
Banded one was also there yesterday. I have not seen 2 at the same time. but I am not always looking ;) ;)

The Peregrine Chick:
On your photos of the banded bird Bev, that almost looks like a horizontal T as the top digit on the band ... going to have to go check your gallery now ...

... hmmm, still think a T but could be an I or a 1 even though there aren't many bands with Is or 1s in the records ...

bev.:
just caught these of unbanded

click on picture (thumbnails)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version