Author Topic: MN / Elk River - 2008-22  (Read 230490 times)

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
Re: Minnesota / Elk River - 2008 / ? & ?
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2008, 18:00 »
SOOOOO FUNNY!  I opened up the window and there is a chick's head RIGHT THERE looking straight on at the camera  :o (yes, I know their eyes don't work that way).  Thank goodness it wasn't screeching too! 

And there's one in the back using the ledge as a pillow.  Too darn cute!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2008, 17:47 »
Well just watched, well,heard really a feeding.  LOl.Talk about hungry.  Small bird and they chopped that up fast.  My word.  Mom/or Dad, looked to be the same size or even maybe smaller than them.. Must have been dad.  They are still hungry.  What a tug of war that was.  Maybe more is coming, Mom/Dad just left again. 

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2008, 17:19 »
Boy, have they ever changed!  Glad to have them back. 

And just as I was wondering about the sound working, there goes the train again! 

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2008, 16:38 »
Wow! Look at all the black on them now.  Holy smokes.  Glad you guys posted and let me know its back up.  Oh they are cute, soooo different in three days though, wow. is all I can say. No screeching as of yet but I am sure I will hear them soon.   :D :D

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2008, 15:49 »
The squawking hasn't changed, has gotten worse I think, "Are you going to feed US or what?!"

Offline tortiebird

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2008, 15:12 »
They sure have changed!!

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2008, 13:57 »
Exactly Loriann- I think we all felt a little guilty after reading that - hee hee - brings us back down to earth with a bump!!! - However - VERY glad to have the cam back now!!!  ;D ;D

Offline Loriann

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2008, 13:41 »
Found this in the blog on an 'eagle nest site' I've been watching, seems everyone there was also watching the little falcons and here is what someone there posted in response to all the queries about the web cam being down.

"I spoke to a friend of mine in Minnesota, and he says there have been some power problems in the state because of the river and all the flooding in other states. GRE is the main power producer in the state and I think they have slightly higher priorities than providing entertainment to those of us out of state."
Never even thought about that   :-\

well there is a healthy dose of reality for us all.  Best wishes and thoughts to everyone out there who is dealing with the harsh reality Mother Nature has dealt them.  Sometimes we get so caught up in our own realities that we forget the hardships our cousins around the world are dealing with everyday.  

suddenly the loss of the camera feed for  a few days seems pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2008, 13:40 »
Yay  ;D  Thank you for the heads up LouLouBelle, I had given up checking!  I can't believe how much they've changed in 3 days!  I must admit I am addicted to the sound of them screeching - it just seemed so quiet without it!

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2008, 12:57 »
Sweet!  my goodness they've gotten to the awkward phase, haven't they!   ;D

Offline LouLouBelle

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2008, 12:50 »
Halleluhua!! ;D :) Elk River cam is up (with sound too!!) Three big chicks all having a snooze...

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2008, 07:38 »
Found this in the blog on an 'eagle nest site' I've been watching, seems everyone there was also watching the little falcons and here is what someone there posted in response to all the queries about the web cam being down.

"I spoke to a friend of mine in Minnesota, and he says there have been some power problems in the state because of the river and all the flooding in other states. GRE is the main power producer in the state and I think they have slightly higher priorities than providing entertainment to those of us out of state."
Never even thought about that   :-\

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2008, 21:49 »
If it helps, I just tried it and couldn't see anything either ... could be because I'm on someone else's computer right now, but I don't think so ....

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #240 on: June 22, 2008, 21:46 »
Webcam still isn't working is it?  ??? It's been down since Friday. First it froze up, then it replayed the same 20 secs over and over, then the whole page wouldn't open at all, now there's just a black screen......right? - or is it just me?  :P

Offline Enraptured

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2008, 19:09 »
Me niether, just a big error message...

Deedream, I'd be really interested in hearing that story about the flying squirrel in your house!!! ... really!