Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel - 2008-21

<< < (65/68) > >>

birdcamfan:
I could see most of the corner where she hangs out this morning and could not see an egg. She is back there again now. Yesterday she was in that spot for a long time turning back and forth. Hopefully she is preparing for some young.

The Peregrine Chick:
If she has a single egg, it can get wet no worries.  Incubation doesn't begin until the third (of four or second of three) egg is laid.  She may be lying down because its more sheltered there than her other options, and they don't "seek shelter" in the way we mean using that phrase, they just try to find a place they are satisfied is a good place to wait out the weather, be it snow or rain or whatever.  Wind is really the only thing they will find a break from ....

As for what is under her (egg or gravel), you'll just have to wait and watch I'm afraid ...

carly:
No haven't noticed her being lethargic, just calmer than she normally is and she hasn't been on the ledge all day like this.  This morning though she's laying on the gravel in the pouring rain so I'm going to guess we have an egg or it's immenent as I expect she'd be looking for shelter if there was nothing to protect from the elements? 

The Peregrine Chick:
Both birds will do a lot of nest-scraping prior to actually laying.  With Princess she gets calm, almost lethargic in the couple of days before laying begins.  Has anyone seen something similar here?

carly:
I didn't see one either but I did see her pushing her face into the pebbles several times and it looked like she was pushing.  At one point, I saw Surge come in and they both looked down at something in that corner she's in now and then he left and she laid down.  Five minutes later, she got up and flew off briefly then came back..but I remember Scout did that quite a few times before she actually produced the first egg.

It's hard to see..even with the zoom - it's blurry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version