Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel - 2008-21

<< < (64/68) > >>

allikat:
WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!  More eggs means more falcons!!!

carly:
Watchers have confirmed Egg #2 for Madame X and Surge today!!! ;D

carly:
Woohoo..I figured there was an egg, 1 year to the day she laid her first one last year!!  At times I would think she was lethargic then she'd jump out and fly away so I thought nah..she's messing with us!

I wonder if my guys have an egg now as Angel laid her first one of the 28th last year, will have to check first thing tomorrow morning. 

ps: Alison, the cam did get stuck a few times.  I'd stare at her and think she was sitting there and noticed the time was 2 hours behind so I'd refresh and there would be no one in the nest.  It's jammed a few times today too

Alison:
I haven't seen it, but according to the site the first egg has arrived!

March 29, 2009 - At 14:15 this afternoon Madame X rose from her crouched position in the nest ledge to join Surge in chasing away a small falcon. Falconwatchers who happened to be in our 23rd floor viewing location took advantage of the opportunity to get a good binocular and telescope look into the scrape - and were very pleased to see a nice large brown egg!!! At the moment the egg is not easily seen on the TV camera pictures when Madame X is away because the scrape is quite deep and the egg is toward the back of the ledge. Stay tuned. More eggs should be on the way. Our experience is that the female will lay an egg roughly every other day until she is finished.

I had noticed Madame X being very lethargic for the last two to three days - at times I thought the cam was stuck, since she didn't move for so long.

carly:
Heh..I think I'm just imposing my wishes on them  ;)  Truthfully it's probably better they take their time as cold air is moving in again tomorrow and the nighttime lows all week will be in the minuses which is below average for this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version