Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel - 2008-21

<< < (62/68) > >>

allikat:
Good luck to this pair.  Especially all the work incubating in that nasty weather!

carly:
Checking in on Madame X this morning and just caught her listening to her eggs...may have seen a pip on the far one but by the time I zoomed in she had sat down on them so don't quote me on that.  Eggs are due to hatch around the 8th of May..so any day now.

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: carly on April 08, 2009, 16:43 ---From the Hamilton web site, posted today.  Madame X and Surge nest on an exposed ledge so they've had a rough couple of days but have managed 4 eggs in spite of the horrid weather!

FOUR ON THE FLOOR!!!!

April 8, 2009 - Poor Madame X. Three days of snow, rain, sleet and COLD! What a way to treat a Lady! "Hmphhh, well I'll show you," she said - and she did. When Madame X took a break from incubating around noon today, viewers were clearly able to see that there were four eggs in the scrape! Way to go 'X'! With warmer weather moving into the area tonight, perhaps the rest of the incubation period will be a little easier for her and for Surge, who does his fair share of the incubating too.
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, sounds like last year at the Radisson - and she's on the same kind of exposed ledge.  Wish them luck!!

carly:
Great catch Alison and thank you for sharing with us  :)

Alison:
Congratulations to Madame X and Surge on a full clutch! I caught a glimpse of the eggs earlier:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version