Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel - 2008-21

<< < (61/68) > >>

carly:
Official Announcement from Hamilton on Birth of Chick and news on past grandkids: Go Surge!!!

DOUBLE DOSE OF GOOD NEWS - FIRST 2009 CHICK & WEBSTER REPORT!

May 6, 2009 - The long wait IS over for Madame X and Surge. At 09:01 today the first young Peregrine of 2009 made its appearance in the Sheraton Hamilton nest. The image at left shows the chick clearly. The white material at its left is believed to be the inner lining of the shell of the egg from which it hatched.

Wile we were digesting this news from the Sheraton we received word that Webster, one of the 2006 Hamilton Peregrines, has been identified as the female of a pair nesting on a bridge in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. What makes this news even more interesting is that her sister, Albion, has nested on a bridge in Pennsylvania for the last two years.

Stay tuned! Three more chicks to come, we hope! Perhaps more news of birds from previous years

carly:
One gorgeous chick in full view right now in front of Madame X...!! ;D

carly:
I looked in on Madame X at 6:00 am and thought I saw an eggshell and BCAW is saying they had a hatch however until I see a beak I'm not calling it...I have her up now and will hope she gets up.  She is sitting in the 'there may be something other than eggs under me' position...lol.. ;D

allikat:
I love these family trees.  WOW &  8)

carly:
Surge is one of the offspring of the parents on my ledge so these are the grandkids.. ;D ;D 

Interestingly Marco's mom Alberta was born at this Hamilton location and ended up nesting at my location in Etobicoke before she lost the territory  and she was Marco's mom.  Surge is Marco and Angel's son..so in effect Surge is at his grandmothers birth site..small world isn't it  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version