Author Topic: ON / Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel - 2008-21  (Read 9629 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: ON / Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel - 2008-21
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2009, 12:05 »
Official Announcement from Hamilton on Birth of Chick and news on past grandkids: Go Surge!!!

DOUBLE DOSE OF GOOD NEWS - FIRST 2009 CHICK & WEBSTER REPORT!

May 6, 2009 - The long wait IS over for Madame X and Surge. At 09:01 today the first young Peregrine of 2009 made its appearance in the Sheraton Hamilton nest. The image at left shows the chick clearly. The white material at its left is believed to be the inner lining of the shell of the egg from which it hatched.

Wile we were digesting this news from the Sheraton we received word that Webster, one of the 2006 Hamilton Peregrines, has been identified as the female of a pair nesting on a bridge in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. What makes this news even more interesting is that her sister, Albion, has nested on a bridge in Pennsylvania for the last two years.

Stay tuned! Three more chicks to come, we hope! Perhaps more news of birds from previous years

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 08:07 »
One gorgeous chick in full view right now in front of Madame X...!! ;D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 06:47 »
I looked in on Madame X at 6:00 am and thought I saw an eggshell and BCAW is saying they had a hatch however until I see a beak I'm not calling it...I have her up now and will hope she gets up.  She is sitting in the 'there may be something other than eggs under me' position...lol.. ;D

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 18:56 »
I love these family trees.  WOW &  8)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 18:54 »
Surge is one of the offspring of the parents on my ledge so these are the grandkids.. ;D ;D 

Interestingly Marco's mom Alberta was born at this Hamilton location and ended up nesting at my location in Etobicoke before she lost the territory  and she was Marco's mom.  Surge is Marco and Angel's son..so in effect Surge is at his grandmothers birth site..small world isn't it  ;)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 18:36 »
Good luck to this pair.  Especially all the work incubating in that nasty weather!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 07:13 »
Checking in on Madame X this morning and just caught her listening to her eggs...may have seen a pip on the far one but by the time I zoomed in she had sat down on them so don't quote me on that.  Eggs are due to hatch around the 8th of May..so any day now.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 02:22 »
From the Hamilton web site, posted today.  Madame X and Surge nest on an exposed ledge so they've had a rough couple of days but have managed 4 eggs in spite of the horrid weather!

FOUR ON THE FLOOR!!!!

April 8, 2009 - Poor Madame X. Three days of snow, rain, sleet and COLD! What a way to treat a Lady! "Hmphhh, well I'll show you," she said - and she did. When Madame X took a break from incubating around noon today, viewers were clearly able to see that there were four eggs in the scrape! Way to go 'X'! With warmer weather moving into the area tonight, perhaps the rest of the incubation period will be a little easier for her and for Surge, who does his fair share of the incubating too

Hmmm, sounds like last year at the Radisson - and she's on the same kind of exposed ledge.  Wish them luck!!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2009, 19:13 »
Great catch Alison and thank you for sharing with us  :)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 19:07 »
Congratulations to Madame X and Surge on a full clutch! I caught a glimpse of the eggs earlier:

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2009, 16:43 »
From the Hamilton web site, posted today.  Madame X and Surge nest on an exposed ledge so they've had a rough couple of days but have managed 4 eggs in spite of the horrid weather!

FOUR ON THE FLOOR!!!!

April 8, 2009 - Poor Madame X. Three days of snow, rain, sleet and COLD! What a way to treat a Lady! "Hmphhh, well I'll show you," she said - and she did. When Madame X took a break from incubating around noon today, viewers were clearly able to see that there were four eggs in the scrape! Way to go 'X'! With warmer weather moving into the area tonight, perhaps the rest of the incubation period will be a little easier for her and for Surge, who does his fair share of the incubating too

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 16:54 »
Three eggs..they think!!  It's a miserable day in Southern Ontario, been pouring steady all day..but they think they see 3!

http://falcons.hamiltonnature.org/

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 12:40 »
And yes, the eggs are visible in the photo at the far end.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 08:08 »
Should be a third egg today yes.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 06:36 »
I think the eggs are visible in these pics. Maybe a third egg today?