Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Hamilton - Sheraton Hotel - 2008-21

<< < (7/68) > >>

carly:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on March 26, 2015, 01:13 ---
--- Quote from: Alison on March 19, 2015, 00:50 ---The new male, Ossie, is banded black/black O/8 (that is the letter O, not a zero). 
--- End quote ---

Interesting band - same type as Trey's and other of our birds banded in the 1990s.
I'm assuming he's an eastern Ontario bird - do we know from where he hails?

--- End quote ---

He is from our William Osler site in Etobicoke.  They used an older leftover band for him, found in a drawer at MNR somewhere..lol!  Ossie was born in 2012 so not so old  ;)

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: Alison on March 19, 2015, 00:50 ---The new male, Ossie, is banded black/black O/8 (that is the letter O, not a zero). 
--- End quote ---

Interesting band - same type as Trey's and other of our birds banded in the 1990s.
I'm assuming he's an eastern Ontario bird - do we know from where he hails?

gran2496:
There have been no sightings of Madame X, we hope she has just left the area. 

They certainly were very special peregrines and we will miss them.  Hopefully, this year will see Ossie and Lily raise some healthy chicks and they all fledge successfully. 

Alison:

--- Quote from: gran2496 on March 19, 2015, 13:48 ---Thank you Alison, Madame X and Surge were very special peregrine falcons indeed.

Another daughter of Madame X's and Surge, Pigott, is the resident female in Syracuse.

--- End quote ---

Madame X and Surge were, and are, very special to me too. Do you know if there have been any sightings of Madame X?

I had fully intended to include Pigott in my partial list of Madame X and Surge's offspring. In fact, I had been watching her at her new nest, and then I forgot to add her.  :-[

And of course there are all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. For instance, Gleig in Buffalo's daughter, Alfrieda, raised chicks of her own last year. Durand in Columbus has raised four chicks so far (and she laid her first egg of this year yesterday). When Peter was very young and in his first year at the Hearn Plant, he raised three chicks on his own after his mate was injured and taken to rehab. Pigott raised her first two chicks last year.

gran2496:
Thank you Alison, Madame X and Surge were very special peregrine falcons indeed.

Another daughter of Madame X's and Surge, Pigott, is the resident female in Syracuse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version