Author Topic: Radisson - 2020 / Pip & Ella  (Read 42139 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2020 / Pip & Ella
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2020, 19:04 »
A couple of Twitter followers were worried about the chicks so I provided these longer tweets - all stuff most, if not all, of you heard before ... 😁

https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/1271214315551494149

https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/1271217913790377985

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2020, 10:49 »

I'm not entirely sure I want an answer to my question, but TPC, is it possible that the remains of the 2 falcons at the bottom of the Telus pipe, one was Princess? Miss our Radisson Royals.  :'(

Tracy posted on the Telus Tower rescue thread about the remains of the falcons.  ;)  I don't think it was Princess.

http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/pefa/forum/index.php/topic,4849.msg107091.html#msg107091

Nope, not Princess so no worries there.  Haven't had any news of Princess since I last saw her fighting with Fiona in the Radisson nestbox last year.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2020, 10:17 »

I'm not entirely sure I want an answer to my question, but TPC, is it possible that the remains of the 2 falcons at the bottom of the Telus pipe, one was Princess? Miss our Radisson Royals.  :'(

Tracy posted on the Telus Tower rescue thread about the remains of the falcons.  ;)  I don't think it was Princess.

http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/pefa/forum/index.php/topic,4849.msg107091.html#msg107091

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 14:22 by RCF »

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2020, 10:08 »
Ohhhh - I didn't know Trey had died - 22 years is a ripe old age though (?). - I did know about Princess's skirmish last year but still wonder if she's out & about somewhere these days. - And yes, I have NO worries about the west nestbox - Safe & sound in there!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 10:48 by ballywing »

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2020, 05:48 »
Black Friday comes to mind when you speak of rain and mortality  :'( - Hard to believe that was 12 years ago!!!

The difference this time is they are in the nestbox - and we have had lots of these kinds of storms and chicks in the nestbox haven't had any trouble and (knock on wood) that will continue to be the case.

Also remember Trey and his house cleaning - Princess (wish we knew what became of her) and Trey were the King & Queen of the Radisson for so many years.  :-* - Now their descendants are carrying on.  ;D 

Well we do have some information on both of them ... Trey lived out his years as an ambassador bird in Florida after he was injured on migration.  He died in late 2018/early 2019 from old age - he was 22 years old.  As for Princess - she was 6 years younger than Trey and she was the aggressor in last year's fight in the Radisson nestbox with Fiona just a couple of days before Fiona moved to the east side ledge.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 05:50 by GCG »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2020, 22:26 »
Black Friday comes to mind when you speak of rain and mortality  :'( - Hard to believe that was 12 years ago!!!

The difference this time is they are in the nestbox - and we have had lots of these kinds of storms and chicks in the nestbox haven't had any trouble and (knock on wood) that will continue to be the case.

Also remember Trey and his house cleaning - Princess (wish we knew what became of her) and Trey were the King & Queen of the Radisson for so many years.  :-* - Now their descendants are carrying on.  ;D 

Well we do have some information on both of them ... Trey lived out his years as an ambassador bird in Florida after he was injured on migration.  He died in late 2018/early 2019 from old age - he was 22 years old.  As for Princess - she was 6 years younger than Trey and she was the aggressor in last year's fight in the Radisson nestbox with Fiona just a couple of days before Fiona moved to the east side ledge.