Author Topic: Dennis @ photosbydennis - 2008-2014  (Read 63371 times)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Dennis @ photosbydennis - 2009
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2009, 23:19 »
TPC...HELP if this isn't the right spot for this post!!!  I'm really not sure where to post this message but I thought in "Bits & Pieces" was a pretty good place.
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a way to start a new topic.  hmm
Some boards have the new topic option, others don't. The Peregrine Room board does at the moment, so you could try there, Sami.  TPC always sorts things out anyway.

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2009, 22:11 »
I just wanted to remind everyone out there that this Saturday, March 28th at 8:30 pm is EARTH HOUR!!!!!  You can log onto:
http://www.earthhour.org/home/
It's really easy...if we all do our part we can make a difference!!!!  8)

Thanks for the reminder! :)  I know the lights will be off in the building I work in -- 30 floors.  (Okay, so Wpg isn't Toronto!)  And here too, in my space. 

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2009, 22:06 »
TPC...HELP if this isn't the right spot for this post!!!  I'm really not sure where to post this message but I thought in "Bits & Pieces" was a pretty good place.
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a way to start a new topic.  hmm

Online allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2009, 21:40 »
TPC...HELP if this isn't the right spot for this post!!!

I'm really not sure where to post this message but I thought in "Bits & Pieces" was a pretty good place.

I just wanted to remind everyone out there that this Saturday, March 28th at 8:30 pm is EARTH HOUR!!!!!

You can log onto:

http://www.earthhour.org/home/

It's really easy...if we all do our part we can make a difference!!!!  8)

Online allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2009, 21:37 »
I think they were wise and decided to not attempt a fly home against this nasty wind  >:(
The weather is going to be absolutely terrible here for the next week  ???
I will try to look on the bright side of things...Late March to April showers/snow brings may flowers  :D

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2009, 20:30 »
Sorry Liz!!! 
But hey, look on the bright side, a little walk downtown to the Radisson, you'll have a front row seat!!!  And then the rest of us will be jealous of you because you live so close!
Great idea, but not today -- it's flippin' nasty out there!  I hope they didn't come home this weekend. 

Online allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2009, 12:29 »
Well now I'm going to have to go on a serious falcon watch this year in the West End of the city...I live in Westwood so I'm going to have a permanent kink in my neck...At least I'll look taller  :D

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2009, 07:36 »
Was the picture of TPC braving the cold winds on the roof taken at the West Winnipeg location? 

Yes maggieblue the West End. TPC was going to take my picture but couldn't bring herself to remove her mitts...lol
Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 19:07 by The Peregrine Chick »

Online allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2009, 21:48 »
Sorry Liz!!! 
But hey, look on the bright side, a little walk downtown to the Radisson, you'll have a front row seat!!!  And then the rest of us will be jealous of you because you live so close!

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2009, 20:09 »
I live in West Broadway, and I've just noticed something lately -- thanks to the new Hydro building, I can no longer see the hotel.  Not that I'm close enough to see what they're doing, from here.  But the horizon has changed, and I don't think I'm happy! 

Online allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2009, 19:42 »
I agree with the photos, they are spectacular!!!
I also live in West Winnipeg MaggieBlue and I have been trying to catch a glimpse of the West End pair also without success!  Here hoping that we see them this year!
I did however luck out seeing Princess and Trey passing through downtown and visiting family in Norwood Flats.  Last year was a great one for me..we saw Princess not 20 feet above our heads trying to catch her next meal.  Saw her fly up on the tall mature tress and listened to all the other birds around who were not pleased by her presence.  She flew up high to catch the wind so she could keep a watchful eye from above.  It was awesome!!!

Offline maggieblue

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2009, 16:35 »
Your photos are so spectacular  :)  I can hardly wait for the first glimpse of Princess and Trey  ;D
Fingers crossed they nest in the boxes this year.  Those boxes look very deluxe.  Was the picture of TPC braving the cold winds on the roof taken at the West Winnipeg location?  I see trees in the background.  I live in West Winnipeg and have been keeping an eye out for peregrines for the last two years without any success.  I know that you can't reveal the location but I am hoping that I might have a lucky sighting this year. ;D

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2009, 07:10 »
My Peregrine Gallery for 2009 is ready to go...now we just need the birds to return. Don't forget to add this link to your favorites.
http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/peregrines_2009

Cheers !
Dennis

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2009, 21:04 »
I know we all look forward to the spring and summer, but your shots really bring out the beauty of our winter. Thank you.

Online allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2009, 21:02 »
Thank you Dennis...

You're photos are absolutely breathtaking!!!!  You have an official spot in my folder marked "nature" under my favorites!!!!  This site has been there for quite some time!