Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (2/56) > >>

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: carly on April 30, 2011, 17:53 ---I have great news about the former male here that Jack upsurped - Milton is alive and well and at a brand new site nearby in Brampton paired with Truss!
--- End quote ---
That is great news, to hear that Milton is alive & well! :D

RCF:
That's great news about Milton, carly.    8)   

carly:
I have great news about the former male here that Jack upsurped - Milton is alive and well and at a brand new site nearby in Brampton paired with Truss!

Brampton Territorial Male Identified
April 30, 2011 - International, National and Local News
Tracy Simpson Reports:

Bruce Massey was on-site today and was able to make a positive identification of the male.  It is the bird known as Milton that was hatched at the Gulf Tower in Pittsburg in 2002.  This male and his young mate, Truss from the Burlington Lift Bridge in 2009, are still holding the territory but their status as a nesting pair is still in question.  While copulation was witnessed by Bruce last week, the adults are being seen off of the ledge at the same time most often.  There was a period today where both birds entered the ledge and “discussed the situation” but it is apparent that incubation is not underway at this time.  With the change over of the female from an unbanded one reported earlier to now being Truss has certainly disrupted cycles and timing at this potentially new site.  We will continue to monitor and update as we follow the pair this season.

carly:
2011 NESTING SEASON

Looks like Jack's other wife started incubation yesterday as per Mathews update:

Apr 6, 2011 - Start of incubation today?

This assumption may change, but at the moment I'm leaning towards saying incubation has begun.

I'm seeing a falcon in the corner, but the video is often unavailable so it's difficult to know if this is an all-day pastime. I am also seeing food deliveries and/or changing of the guard, hard to tell for sure, but definitely a change in behaviour compared to a week ago.

This sounds a bit vague, but I did see the corner occupied quite a few times today, so I believe it's 'game on'! :)

Kinderchick:
Yes, I did see this yesterday, bcbird and thank you for drawing my attention to it again.  :) I guess I was wondering, is flame retardant used in fighting forest fires and is that how the birds are being affected? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version