Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (44/56) > >>

eagle63_1999:
It's 1:02 here in Ontario and Vega just fledged :)  He'd been flapping his wings quite a bit, was over in the corner when he just flapped one or two times and off he went.

Houston we have liftoff !

Antiologist:
Vega just fledged!

carly:
8:19 am and I checked the site and there were 2 on the ledge but only one now when I bring up the cam.  I'm assuming it's Vega and looks like he is getting ready to go...he's on the edge flapping his heart out! 

carly:
They put pigeon traps up on some of the roofs here to trap them  - some are nets and some are metal cage types.  The idea is you lure them in with food and then trap them.  Then a pest company comes in and takes them away to rerelease them somewhere else so they aren't pooing on peoples balconies, roofs and windows.  We have had peregrines here get trapped in them, that's another reason the banding is so important, they will call CPF if they find one of ours and it won't be harmed.  We have alot of pigeons in Toronto, I would say out of control but as much as they annoy me when they poo on my balcony - I'm not a fan of caging any animal but that's just me, I wouldn't like to be caged so I couldn't do it to another living creature.  They do have netting you can put on your balcony which keeps them from landing which is ok, at least they don't get hurt but alot people finds that ruins the view and look.

I think that was dad on the ledge with them  The parents have been staying really close to them - no doubt with all the dogs, humans trying to get up close and personal with them, they must be quiet nervous.

bcbird:
There isn't a time on the report, but I thought I saw all three back on the ledge a few hours ago.  Maybe it was an adult, rather than the returned Mascota.   What is a net pigeon trap? Or WHY is a net pigeon trap?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version