Author Topic: Radisson - 2013 / Ivy & Princess  (Read 133120 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2013 / July
« Reply #1405 on: July 21, 2013, 21:16 »
The site to post screenshots seems not to be working, so here are some that I grabbed the day before Tenzing fledged.  I Photoshopped them to remove distractions and focus on the beauty and liveliness of the chicks.

Yes! Beautiful photos, Dagny! :)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #1404 on: July 21, 2013, 16:58 »
The rain has been light for the last 1/2 hour, starting to get heavier now ... downtown, Ivy is on the west side nestbox which is his usual spot when it rains ... can't see anybody else on the east side of the Hotel ...

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #1403 on: July 21, 2013, 16:09 »
Great photos Dagny.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1402 on: July 21, 2013, 15:10 »
All three chicks are playing on top of 363 Broadway - the building that looks like a black, blue and green Rubik's cube. All three playing tag, kakking at each other and one of them keen on taking long flights to circle above the parking lot (under construction for the Convention Centre expansion) and beyond. There is also a parent keeping an eye on them from way up above. Really fun to watch!  :)

Two chicks & 1 adult?

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #1401 on: July 21, 2013, 15:03 »
All three chicks are playing on top of 363 Broadway - the building that looks like a black, blue and green Rubik's cube. All three playing tag, kakking at each other and one of them keen on taking long flights to circle above the parking lot (under construction for the Convention Centre expansion) and beyond. There is also a parent keeping an eye on them from way up above. Really fun to watch!  :)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1400 on: July 21, 2013, 14:13 »
Dagny, your photos of the juvies are indeed beautiful!
I love the second one where they appear to be chatting away to each other.
You have captured both a sense of whimsy and the magnificence of these young wild birds.
Thank you for sharing.

Offline Dagny

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #1399 on: July 21, 2013, 13:48 »
The site to post screenshots seems not to be working, so here are some that I grabbed the day before Tenzing fledged.  I Photoshopped them to remove distractions and focus on the beauty and liveliness of the chicks.

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #1398 on: July 21, 2013, 13:17 »
At least one of the chicks was flying right over head a few minutes ago. I heard them several times this morning, but because sound bounces off all the tall buildings around me I couldn't figure out where they were.

I just now chanced to look straight up and lo and behold one of the younguns flapping and gliding right over my head!  :D

He/she circled over the Remand Centre and continued up and around over the law courts complex. Looking good!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1397 on: July 21, 2013, 12:07 »
Haven't been able to spot anyone on camera this morning but given that the chicks have been up and flying for a week and more, that is not particularly unexpected, in fact, it is what we hope for!!  :D

Just to give folks a bit of forewarning, the cams will be going offline next weekend - the Radisson cam might shut down a bit earlier though since Hillary and Tenzing have not been coming back to the nestledge ...

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1396 on: July 21, 2013, 01:17 »
thanks to everyone here for reporting. I will continue to check in when I can. I am so glad all went well.

My watch starts MOnday

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1395 on: July 20, 2013, 12:08 »
Haven't seen anyone near the Radisson other than the adults so I suspect that we won't see them except maybe occasionally from here on in.  Which is good timing as the webcams will be shut down next weekend, the Radisson cam maybe a bit earlier if they need the streaming resources for other projects.  That doesn't mean the cams are shut down, just that they aren't live to the internet, we'll still keep an eye on the sites and check the recordings.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1394 on: July 20, 2013, 11:58 »
Weather downtown this weekend ...

Saturday
  • Day - Overcast in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 20C. Winds less than 5 km/h.
  • Night Clear in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 10C. Winds less than 5 km/h.

Sunday
  • Day - Overcast. High of 22C. Winds less than 5 km/h.
  • Night - Overcast with a chance of rain, then a chance of a thunderstorm and rain after midnight. Low of 16C. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 5.3 mm possible.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1393 on: July 19, 2013, 10:40 »
Had a buzz around with the west side skycam and I can see two bumps on the top roofline of the Delta Hotel on the south side down by the west end ... from this distance they look to be about the right size for peregrines but I can't see much/any real detail ... if they move it is possibly Hillary and Tenzing given how much they like that building ...

... funny thing is, the Radisson used to be the Delta Winnipeg Hotel and was so when the first wild nest occurred back in 1989.  Now the fifth generation is hanging out on a Delta Hotel again  :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1392 on: July 19, 2013, 10:21 »
One adult sitting at the west end of the ornamental facade at roof level on the Paris Building ...

Weather for today

Day - Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 24C. Breezy. Winds from the WNW at 15 to 30 km/h.
Night - Overcast in the evening, then mostly cloudy. Low of 10C. Winds from the North at 5 to 20 km/h.

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #1391 on: July 19, 2013, 10:08 »
I bet they were on the roof of the MTS centre enjoying the Kiss concert so the rain would not have bothered them.  :)