Author Topic: Radisson - 2013 / Ivy & Princess  (Read 133106 times)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2013 / July
« Reply #1420 on: July 24, 2013, 15:57 »
Thanks, Doreen, for the ledge shot.  It is nice to see somebirdy home for a bit.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #1419 on: July 24, 2013, 15:18 »
1458h - one of the chicks is napping on the ledge edge by the drain cover - very cute!

I think it is Tenzing but it's hard to tell by the way s/he is lying down ... seems too small to be Hillary ..

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #1418 on: July 24, 2013, 15:16 »
Nice to see he/she napping on the ledge.  :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1417 on: July 24, 2013, 14:58 »
1458h - one of the chicks is napping on the ledge edge by the drain cover - very cute!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1416 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51 »
Weather for today ...

Day - Overcast in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 24C. Breezy. Winds from the SW at 10 to 20 km/h.
Night - Partly cloudy with a chance of rain in the evening, then overcast with rain. Low of 16C. Winds from the NW at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 60% with rainfall amounts near 5.8 mm possible.

**according to the radar, there look to be small thunderstorms on almost all sides of Winnipeg, and looking at the black clouds in the west, probably going to get rain today as well as tonight ...

I'll be stopping the weather updates when the cams go off at the end of the week ... all the chicks should be up and flying by then and less influenced/impacted by all but severe weather ...

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1415 on: July 23, 2013, 21:22 »
Sure do miss watching all the action now that I have retired.....

that is why I do not see you. I miss your reports.

Offline Dagny

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #1414 on: July 23, 2013, 12:28 »
I saw three birds around 2 minutes ago, playing around one of the highrises on Smith.  Two were playing Tag and the third was sitting on the top of the building watching over them.
 :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1413 on: July 23, 2013, 10:24 »

With the little terrors nesting on the east-side, you may still have missed much of the action this year I'm afraid Mother Hen ... even worse, you would have still been working!!  ;) ;D

Offline Mother Hen

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #1412 on: July 23, 2013, 10:12 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1411 on: July 23, 2013, 08:44 »
Weather for downtown today ...

Day - Partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 23C. Winds less than 5 km/h.
Night - Overcast. Low of 13C. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 km/h shifting to the SSW after midnight.

light winds today and not too hot, nice day for peregrines to play ...

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1410 on: July 22, 2013, 22:44 »
What a great report, Cooper! Very descriptive! Could almost imagine being there myself. :D

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #1409 on: July 22, 2013, 15:24 »
Well somebody is doing a lot of flying downtown this afternoon. Watched what I assumed was one of the chicks (due to the intervals of flapping and gliding and his/her coloration) flying above the the parking lot under construction (despite all the work and racket going on there), the rubiks cube building, over the woodsworth, the remand centre, the law courts, back around and around those areas and then east for some more circling, sometimes so low and speedy past and behind those buildings that my heart was in my mouth. Then she/he made such a perfect landing atop the aerial/tower on the Chateau 100 building that I wonder if it wasn't a parent I'd been watching. Somebody's sure getting their exercise! Kakking all the way too!  :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1408 on: July 22, 2013, 10:55 »
Haha! Well, when I was watching them I "saw" three chicks. It only occurred to me as I was driving home right after I posted that there couldn't have been three chicks, one of the "players" had to be a parent! You wouldn't have known from the shenanigans though. I'm thinking that perhaps it was Ivy with food.

In any event, I saw a total of four birds. At one point there was parent high in the air watching over a venturesome young flyer, and two "chicks" (now realizing this must have been the other chick and other parent) atop the building.

Figured it must have been something like that Cooper - amazing how much information we can take in while we are driving and dodging pedestrians!!  ;)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1407 on: July 22, 2013, 10:52 »
Weather for today ...

Day - Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 21C. Windy. Winds from the NW at 20 to 30 km/h. Chance of rain 50%.
Night - Partly cloudy in the evening, then clear. Low of 12C. Breezy. Winds from the North at 10 to 20 km/h.

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #1406 on: July 22, 2013, 08:29 »
All three chicks are playing on top of 363 Broadway - the building that looks like a black, blue and green Rubik's cube. All three playing tag, kakking at each other and one of them keen on taking long flights to circle above the parking lot (under construction for the Convention Centre expansion) and beyond. There is also a parent keeping an eye on them from way up above. Really fun to watch!  :)

Two chicks & 1 adult?

Haha! Well, when I was watching them I "saw" three chicks. It only occurred to me as I was driving home right after I posted that there couldn't have been three chicks, one of the "players" had to be a parent! You wouldn't have known from the shenanigans though. I'm thinking that perhaps it was Ivy with food.

In any event, I saw a total of four birds. At one point there was parent high in the air watching over a venturesome young flyer, and two "chicks" (now realizing this must have been the other chick and other parent) atop the building.