Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 169030 times)

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
McKenzie Seeds - 2011 / May
« Reply #265 on: May 10, 2011, 18:57 »
I hear ya.   :-*

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #264 on: May 10, 2011, 18:52 »
Glad you saw one of the falcons.   8)    It probably was Hurricane, it's one of her spots she likes to perch on.   ;)  I think I'll have to go to Brandon on Friday..............having falcon withdrawals. ::)

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #263 on: May 10, 2011, 18:44 »
RCF, I believe your guess was right as I was in Brandon today and swung by(of course) and there was a birdie on the south light pole. It was so miserable I didn't spend the time I would have liked.....next time! I was just sooo happy to see one of them. My hubby & I had a late lunch at the Double Decker and when we came out he/she was gone. Next time I'm in Bdn, maybe I will see one or both of you, Rose and RCF, as if it's nice I will hang out on the parkade.  :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #262 on: May 10, 2011, 10:59 »
1050 hrs

Brooklyn is lying flat, pretty much undercover with his eyes closed and his head in the gravel.  Eyes open periodically and occasionally he looks around.  It looks miserable and he's out of the direct wind/rain but the wind is coming from the NE as I understand which means it is blowing into the nestbox so he's very damp but not drenched.  I say for yet another day, poor wee Brooklyn.

Poor guy!!   :(  I can only guess Hurricane is probably perched on the south light pole as close to the building as possible, staying out of the wind and rain. :)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #261 on: May 10, 2011, 10:53 »
1050 hrs

Brooklyn is lying flat, pretty much undercover with his eyes closed and his head in the gravel.  Eyes open periodically and occasionally he looks around.  It looks miserable and he's out of the direct wind/rain but the wind is coming from the NE as I understand which means it is blowing into the nestbox so he's very damp but not drenched.  I say for yet another day, poor wee Brooklyn.

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #260 on: May 10, 2011, 06:31 »
Not much rain over night (2mls on my rain gauge) the wind was light so should have been a good night for Hurricane and Brooklyn. Today doesn't sound so good, the wind is from the northeast and expected to reach up to 60kms/hour with more rain predicted. :'(

Offline Rose

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #259 on: May 09, 2011, 16:20 »
Good news for the falcons no rain since early this morning but wind keeps blowing from the north east but not very strong. Bad news on the flood scene another faulty sensor, this time at Miniota so water will be higher again than predicted. Hurricane and Brooklyn don't need to worry they will be high and dry, if the water gets that high we'll need Noah and the Ark. I guess I'm lucky I live up on the hill about 2 miles from the river ::)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #258 on: May 09, 2011, 15:40 »
1445 hrs

Think its Hurricane on the eggs at the moment, bird has its head down facing south (the camera is north of the box) so I can't see the cap design to tell who's who.  Still getting fluffed up by the wind though it does look like the rain has momentarily stopped.  She's awake and looking around, but she's got her head down so it looks like she's trying to look under a closed door ...

They are such good parents.........keeping those eggies warm and dry. :-* :-*

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2011, 15:31 »
You guys stay safe out there...no going down with the ship or anything.  Fly like a falcon instead if required  :-*

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2011, 14:46 »
1445 hrs

Think its Hurricane on the eggs at the moment, bird has its head down facing south (the camera is north of the box) so I can't see the cap design to tell who's who.  Still getting fluffed up by the wind though it does look like the rain has momentarily stopped.  She's awake and looking around, but she's got her head down so it looks like she's trying to look under a closed door ...

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #255 on: May 09, 2011, 14:18 »
Safe and sound here, I live 38 km north of Brandon. ;)
Glad to hear, rcf! :) But is that 38 km north of Brandon "as the crow flies" or "as the peregrine" flies? LOL! ;)

Well actually, how about as the swans fly.  ;D  I saw a flock of eight swans earlier today.  :) 

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #254 on: May 09, 2011, 14:07 »
Glad to hear, rcf! :) But is that 38 km north of Brandon "as the crow flies" or "as the peregrine" flies? LOL! ;)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #253 on: May 09, 2011, 14:04 »
Just had a call from RCF she says she won't be in today...
Not good about the weather and flooding situation in Brandon right now, but am glad to hear that rcf is staying "put", where she will, hopefully, be safe and sound. :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2011, 13:47 »
Just had a call from RCF she says she won't be in today...
Not good about the weather and flooding situation in Brandon right now, but am glad to hear that rcf is staying "put", where she will, hopefully, be safe and sound. :-*

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2011, 12:14 »
1215 hrs

The wind has picked up in Brandon, Hurricane is sitting head inside (so head to the south) in the nestbox and she is getting fluffed up quiet a bit.  Not enough to cause her problems, but enough to qualify as an uncomfortable draft.